IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 25 ~ Beat The Leaders Part 2

Vocelli

3 minutes ago, Pat Larocque said:

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkCentre with a Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz, 16 GB RAM with 64-bit Windows 7 Professional Operating System.

The CPU should be way more than fast enough to work without any lags. I suspect some background processes. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

What OS and CPU are you using?

I'm using Stella mostly to play Atari 2600/VCS games for High Score Club, on NTSC color format. My current version is 6.0.

On Stella sessions, I ALWAYS USE keyboard for joystick games, and mouse for paddle games.

My current computer which I'm using is a DELL Inspiron 5420 laptop, with Intel Inside Core i5 CPU @2.5 GHz, 4 GB RAM memory and Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 64-bit Operational System.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Judging from the screenshots, some of you are using emulators to play the games. Is that correct? Who of you is using Stella a LOT for playing games?

Stella is great however the only thing I’ve noticed from version to Version that the cartridge fry option doesn’t seem to working ( or I just can’t get to go ) I used to be able to do this for Sky Jinks but not anymore?

• Like 1

Not missing this week! First try! Also, I'm SO mad that I missed shooting that right as my game ended! I do really like this game, though!

Also, does anything think it's weird that they made a game about this movie 16 years after it was released (movie 1966, game 1982)?

2600-25-fantasticVoyage01.jpg

Edited by Dr Moocowz
didn't attach the file!
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr Moocowz said:

Also, does anything think it's weird that they made a game about this movie 16 years after it was released (movie 1966, game 1982)?

Not really.  The programmer was a big fan of the movie and when he went to go work for TCF they gave him a list of movie properties he could do games based on.  When he saw Fantastic Voyage on the list he jumped at the chance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dr Moocowz said:

For what it's worth, The Earth Dies Screaming, Spacemaster X-7 and The Alligator People are all older (released in 1964, 1958 and 1959 respectively).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atarian7 said:

I think there's something wrong with my cartridge.  I keep running out of time before I get to the blood clot. (Except for the first one.)

Are you shooting the white blood cells (the blobs) in the second area?  If so, don't do that!  That will lower your remaining time.  Also you need to shoot all the bacteria (space invader looking guys) as each one you miss lowers the time you have left.  You should be able to take it easy up until the third clot, at that point you need to start going faster through the screens (push up to speed up).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Atarian7 said:

Thanks for the advice.  I read the instructions but couldn't figure out what was what.   So are the bacteria those arrow looking things that start off stuck to the left side and move right?

No, those are defense cells.  Those don't need to be shot, they're just for points.   I did a little write up about the game here: http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/fantastic/fantastic.htm

The only things that need to be shot are the little alien/space invader looking guys (bacteria) and the little dots that appear when you hit the sides of the walls (antibodies).  You should also shoot the key looking things (enzymes) as they increase your time.  So to summarize:

Must Shoot

------------

Bacteria (space invaders)

Antibodies (dots)

Can Shoot but not necessary

------------------------------

Defense cells (rockets) 

Enzymes (keys)

Don't Shoot

-------------

White Blood Cells (asteroid blobs)

Indestructible

--------------

Clotlets  (blob cloud looking things in last section)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Atarian7 said:

Thanks for the advice.  I read the instructions but couldn't figure out what was what.   So are the bacteria those arrow looking things that start off stuck to the left side and move right?

Read post #19 on Page 1 of this thread. It gives a breakdown and images of the perils.

• Like 3