IGNORED

Wanted: Commodore 64 Monitor LOCALLY (NNJ)

eightbit

Might be a long shot but I'll give it a try. I have come to the conclusion that the only way I will be able to properly display my PAL C64 unit the way I want it to be displayed is by using a real Commodore monitor that supports chroma/luma input. There are many models that can do this...even the Amiga branded monitors. I don't care which one (or color) but I would like to obtain one locally in good working condition so as to not risk damage in shipping.

I live in Northern NJ and can take a ride anywhere in the NNJ area to meet up. Anyone in this area have a monitor they are looking to offload for either sale or trade?

Just now, onlyinajeep said:

Will an North American C= monitor display PAL even using Chroma Luma? I didn't think so, I'll test this tonight with my 1084S(p).

No.

The Amiga monitor (with an Amiga) does display PAL but only because that's RGB.

The 108x will display 50Hz stable, but with no color via composite or luma/chroma.

PAL C64c connected to North American 1084s-P via Chroma/Luma cable, no color.

0206201239_HDR.thumb.jpg.12b5e462c60e9494c9484a2c79e59c09.jpg

I use a 13" JVC TM series monitor for my PAL computers that use composite or Chroma/Luma(Y/C input). I've bought three CRT monitors that have been shipped and have been lucky to have shippers that know how to pack them. The 1084 in the pict came to Iowa from New Jersey.

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2020 at 8:58 PM, eightbit said:

Might be a long shot but I'll give it a try. I have come to the conclusion that the only way I will be able to properly display my PAL C64 unit the way I want it to be displayed is by using a real Commodore monitor that supports chroma/luma input. There are many models that can do this...even the Amiga branded monitors. I don't care which one (or color) but I would like to obtain one locally in good working condition so as to not risk damage in shipping.

I live in Northern NJ and can take a ride anywhere in the NNJ area to meet up. Anyone in this area have a monitor they are looking to offload for either sale or trade?

I live in central NJ and have a Sony PVM that accepts PAL and NTSC. It also has digital RGB if you want to hook it to a C128 or CGA card! 

I am reluctant to let it go, but I’m trying to reduce the number of CRTs I have.

What do you have to trade? 

3 hours ago, R.Cade said:

I would get the Sony PVM.

A Commdore monitor sold in the US will not display color from a PAL C64- they are NTSC only and will not decode PAL.

I never tested a 1084 on a PAL C64, but it does indeed work fine on a PAL Amiga. But that is RGB so therein lies the difference.