IGNORED

What are your top Atari 5200 to get hold of but haven’t yet?

Giles N

There’s really not much I want now for the 5200, with the only two big things being Bounty Bob and Montezuma’s Revenge. At this point I’ve already got a good chunk of the 5200 library (38 out of 69 so far!) so I’m wondering if I should just go for broke and get them all.

3 hours ago, glazball said:

Indeed!  The 5200 needs some kind of higher-quality AV mod.  I'm still waiting for Darktim to create a 5200RGB board.

There already is one actually, the SOPHIA board from @Simius. It was designed for the 8-bit computers but it works just as well in the 5200. The original SOPHIA can output either RGB or component, although Simius now sells a version with DVI output that can be converted to HDMI with an adapter.

Edited by ApolloBoy

On 3/11/2020 at 6:03 PM, ApolloBoy said:

There’s really not much I want now for the 5200, with the only two big things being Bounty Bob and Montezuma’s Revenge. At this point I’ve already got a good chunk of the 5200 library (38 out of 69 so far!) so I’m wondering if I should just go for broke and get them all.

Montezumas Revenge is really cool!

Really a classic (with humorous sprites and all).

On 3/11/2020 at 3:55 AM, 0078265317 said:

Just ebayed GORF with 2 overlays.  So cross that off my list.  And also recently got mario brothers.  And space dungeon and robotron.

Mario Bros is so old-schooly-cool!

I just love those turtles!

And Luigi is there too!! ???

Edited by Giles N

Although I'm still missing maybe a dozen titles from a complete (loose) 5200 collection, H.E.R.O. was the big one I really wanted to pick up. And I did so a couple of days ago. ?

So now I guess my Top Five Most Wanted list looks something like:

K-Razy Shoot-Out

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Beamrider

Zenji

Zone Ranger

Meteorites and Bounty Bob don't make the cut due to slim chances of actually getting copies.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:39 PM, BassGuitari said:

Although I'm still missing maybe a dozen titles from a complete (loose) 5200 collection, H.E.R.O. was the big one I really wanted to pick up. And I did so a couple of days ago. ?

So now I guess my Top Five Most Wanted list looks something like:

K-Razy Shoot-Out

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Beamrider

Zenji

Zone Ranger

Meteorites and Bounty Bob don't make the cut due to slim chances of actually getting copies.

So what is a fair price for a loose (just cart without box or manual or overlays) copy of meteorites for 5200?

I'm only missing a handful of games, so, much like everyone else, Bounty Bob and Meteorites spring to mind. Somehow, amazingly, my wife also grew up with a 5200 and 2049er was one of her favorite games, so I'd more like to get the sequel for that reason... but I'm just not willing to pay the prices. Maybe I'll break down and get an Atarimax sometime. 

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

I'd think about a Meteorites repro. Actually, I'm thinking about getting it right now. :lol:

Edited by dj_convoy

• 1 month later...

I finished my complete us collection about 15 years back. I have a loose someone beat up copy of Bounty Bob which I'm okay with. The things that eluded me are some of the peripherals. I never did get an Atari 2600 adapter or a master play interface. The one of them that's really killing me now is not having the fire command joystick that turned up on eBay a few months back.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:15 PM, 0078265317 said:

Found krazy shootout yesterday.  Have not seen any loose.  But not sure if this is too steep even for sealed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373036082313

I passed up on a loose K-Razy Shootout at some convention one time, and I'm still mad at myself for it.