IGNORED

What are your top Atari 5200 to get hold of but haven’t yet?

Giles N

On 3/19/2020 at 11:39 PM, BassGuitari said:

Although I'm still missing maybe a dozen titles from a complete (loose) 5200 collection, H.E.R.O. was the big one I really wanted to pick up. And I did so a couple of days ago. ?

So now I guess my Top Five Most Wanted list looks something like:

K-Razy Shoot-Out

Star Wars: Death Star Battle

Beamrider

Zenji

Zone Ranger

Meteorites and Bounty Bob don't make the cut due to slim chances of actually getting copies.

Here is beam rider.  Is 30 too much?

https://www.amazon.com/Beamrider/dp/B000G9680G

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 8:01 PM, 0078265317 said:

Here is beam rider.  Is 30 too much?

https://www.amazon.com/Beamrider/dp/B000G9680G

Amazon frustrates me in how they show amazing images of pristine items when you find a classic game, but then when you look at what is really for sale the truth is rarely that nice.

At least this seller does have a pic and describes things truthfully. Most of the time the descriptions are not that good.

I recently got my 5200 out of storage and started looking into what all was out there for it.  I must say a lot has changed since the last time I paid it any real attention.  As a result there have been a lot of games released that I would like to get.   Out of the original releases I don't have all that many, but as far as something I would really like to get and play, would be Meteorites, as Asteroids was one of my favorite games on the 2600.

Maybe I should have just left it in storage.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 11:57 PM, TheClassyGamer said:

I recently got my 5200 out of storage and started looking into what all was out there for it.  I must say a lot has changed since the last time I paid it any real attention.  As a result there have been a lot of games released that I would like to get.   Out of the original releases I don't have all that many, but as far as something I would really like to get and play, would be Meteorites, as Asteroids was one of my favorite games on the 2600.

Maybe I should have just left it in storage.

Well, Scramble is out, so maybe you should scramble out and get it?  But there are other homebrews out there that may suit you better?  Time to get something that allows you to play any and every game released so far...

Harvey

On 5/31/2020 at 10:10 PM, 0078265317 said:

So finally found a zenji.  Made an offer and he countered 47.99.  Is 48 dollars fair for a loose zenji.  Or too much.

I've found zenji to be the third hardest to find 5200 game, behind bounty Bob and meteorites, though a nice thing about zenji and the other rarer Activision games is the boxes are interchangeable 

On 6/6/2020 at 6:19 PM, 0078265317 said:

I'm no expert but the listing resembles closely the image that is in the Atari Age 5200 archives. I would certainly request additional images before considering a purchase. I have seen repro carts on Ebay and none of them resembled the carts that claimed to be authentic. 

On 6/6/2020 at 6:19 PM, 0078265317 said:

looks real to me, one nice thing about meteorites is that it is the only game with that cartridge shell, so that reduces the odds of it being a repro,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, masschamber said:

looks real to me, one nice thing about meteorites is that it is the only game with that cartridge shell, so that reduces the odds of it being a repro,

Curiously, it actually shares a shell with two other rare games, Quest for Quintana Roo, and the big daddy of rarities, Bounty Bob Strikes Back. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Speaking of quest for quintana roo.  This

guy has lots of rarities looks like.  Is 70 too much.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353086940573

Yeah, that’s a bit high.  Some folks got lucky recently with copies sold at 20 and 25.  About 30-40 would be a regular fair price. 

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Also why does fractalus always go for so much.  Is it a rare title.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184333525932

I think the stuff about Resque on Fractalus is that it’s a technical

top-title; it’s really, really impressive for such an early system - with 3D polygon (not vector) landscape to fly through in all 360 degrees, with landings onto surface to pick up stranded pilots, and return to mother-ship in space.