IGNORED

What are your top Atari 5200 to get hold of but haven’t yet?

Giles N

12 minutes ago, Giles N said:

I think the stuff about Resque on Fractalus is that it’s a technical

top-title; it’s really, really impressive for such an early system - with 3D polygon (not vector) landscape to fly through in all 360 degrees, with landings onto surface to pick up stranded pilots, and return to mother-ship in space.

few weeks back on ebay it was 15 dollars.  should of snagged it.

7 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

few weeks back on ebay it was 15 dollars.  should of snagged it.

Perhaps it was a reproduction-cart.

So, it would depend on whether you’re the more interested in collecting original carts from

the era the system was in the shelves, or whether you’re primarily looking for a fully working cartridge to play on original hardware.

Anyway, prices differ quite a lot with condition and whether or not it still has packaging.

If you don’t care how it looks (or ahem

smells) outward as long as it boots and runs well, you can probably get it a lot cheaper.

Edited by Giles N

21 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Is that a good price or too much.

I think this is a realistic price for an old game in ‘very good’ shape, including package, overlays etc.

I guess you easily could get it cheaper, but not in that fine condition.

30 minutes ago, Giles N said:

@0078265317

How many titles have you gotten now?

I will worry about home brews later.  But for now the original 69 is good enough.  I

cant find my pitfall 2 cart.  But if I do then last 2 pics in this link.  I am missing 16 of the original 69.  All the hard to get ones.  On ebay there are a few.  But in the 50 ish range.  Too much for now.  Maybe after covid is over prices will go down.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2020/03/myv5200-games-collection.html?m=1

On 6/29/2020 at 3:53 AM, 0078265317 said:

I will worry about home brews later.  But for now the original 69 is good enough.  I

cant find my pitfall 2 cart.  But if I do then last 2 pics in this link.  I am missing 16 of the original 69.  All the hard to get ones.  On ebay there are a few.  But in the 50 ish range.  Too much for now.  Maybe after covid is over prices will go down.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2020/03/myv5200-games-collection.html?m=1

Is original ‘print’ of importance to you?

Perhaps, a reproduction-cart here at AtariAge would do it...?

5 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Is original ‘print’ of importance to you?

Perhaps, a reproduction-cart here at AtariAge would do it...?

No reproductions.  But only 17 missing so not bad. Bounty bob is super rare.  And meteorites.  And few others.  So I will never have all of them.  And as far as ebay is concerned it does not even matter.  There was a guy selling the complete set few months back.  But he was asking too much.  Noboby bidded or bought,  They are all loose except I got a box with pitfall 1.  So  52 out of 69 is not bad just to play with or collect or test controllers.  Repos not worth it because its too much and wont re ebay for even half when I am done with it?

20 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

No reproductions.  But only 17 missing so not bad. Bounty bob is super rare.  And meteorites.  And few others.  So I will never have all of them.  And as far as ebay is concerned it does not even matter.  There was a guy selling the complete set few months back.  But he was asking too much.  Noboby bidded or bought,  They are all loose except I got a box with pitfall 1.  So  52 out of 69 is not bad just to play with or collect or test controllers.  Repos not worth it because its too much and wont re ebay for even half when I am done with it?

Fair ‘nough & no sweat...

Just asking what you’re after...

For my own part it’s the actual gaming-experience that matters...

Edited by Giles N

• 4 weeks later...