IGNORED

Which 8 gatefold boxes would you frame?

Good topic. First one that came to mind was ADD Cloudy Mountain.

Burgertime, Nightstalker, Shark!Shark!, red Space Armada, Tron DD, Tron Maze a Tron, Scooby Doo, MLB, NHL, Utopia would be others I'd consider with Digiplay Masters as a wildcard entry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Special Teams said:

The artwork on the original gatefold boxes is too good to keep them on a shelf library style so I decided to find a shadow box to display them.   I found one at Michaels's that can fit 8 boxes.

Curious which 8 original gatefold boxes you guys believe have the best artwork?

Hi Mr. Special Teams!?

Would you be so kind as to post a picture of the shadowbox display with some game in it!?

I imagine it to look really cool.

Thank you, Wolfy

P.S.,I am going to look at my boxes and give you my list of 8 to see what you think.

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.

5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Good topic. First one that came to mind was ADD Cloudy Mountain.

Burgertime, Nightstalker, Shark!Shark!, red Space Armada, Tron DD, Tron Maze a Tron, Scooby Doo, MLB, NHL, Utopia would be others I'd consider with Digiplay Masters as a wildcard entry. 

Some interesting picks, Chris.  You've got 5 red boxes - the Action Network does have the most varied subjects.  I do like the Sports Network boxes too though, very 70s looking.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

NHL Hockey, Auto Racing, NASL Soccer, MLB, NFL Football, US Ski Team, Dreadnaught Factor, Microsurgeon

BITD my family had season tickets to the Sounders when it was the NASL so that box has nostalgia.  I always thought it looked like Georgio Chinaglia on the box (he played for the NY Cosmos at the time who we lost to in the Soccerbowl).

nasl.JPG.775e29a675b8f3aefa948b6d56a2e219.JPG1019910248_sportsill.JPG.c9a851ef4816ba94b92261a605f81396.JPG

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Special Teams said:

BITD my family had season tickets to the Sounders when it was the NASL so that box has nostalgia.  I always thought it looked like Georgio Chinaglia on the box (he played for the NY Cosmos at the time who we lost to in the Soccerbowl).

nasl.JPG.775e29a675b8f3aefa948b6d56a2e219.JPG1019910248_sportsill.JPG.c9a851ef4816ba94b92261a605f81396.JPG

Wow,that is a really cool picture and almost certainly the likeness on the box.

Thank you for sharing that!

I'd go with...

AD&D Cloudy Mountain

Utopia

Space Armada

Astrosmash

Space Battle

Night Stalker

Shark! Shark!

Burgertime

I feel those are the 'early' iconic non-sports titles.

If you did a second box, I'd go with

MLB Baseball

NFL Football

PBA Bowling

NASL Soccer
NHL Hockey

NBA Basketball

PGA Golf

Skiing

• Like 1

AD&D Cloudy Mountain

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Armor Battle

Frog Bog

Lock 'n' Chase

Night Stalker

Shark! Shark!

Space Battle

The AD&D games are two of my absolute favorite and most of the rest of my Action Network picks are games that are some of the most memorable games and/or defined the height of Intellivision for me bitd.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Special Teams said:

When the copy get's copied...

IMG_5566.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Special Teams said:

wow, it is him, it's Chinaglia with the mustaches! I didn't know that. There are also the same red stars on the ball.