IGNORED

Stella 6.1 RC1 released

stephena

49 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Default mapping doesn't care for the number of buttons physically existing. It just maps a number of buttons to several events.

There might be room for improvement. But in this case, if the joystick ID changes, (e.g. J0 and J2 are swapped), this should not remove the mappings for J0. So IMO it is better to keep the default mapping to non-existent buttons.

The explanation is appreciated, Thomas, thank you. 

Although, it's still not clear to me why Stella decides to map a button (physically existent or not) from all controllers present (J0, J1, J2) for the Select input, but decides for the Reset input, it will only map the first (J0) controller.

13 hours ago, RetroRulez said:

Tried RC1 on my R77 yesterday. Came from 6.0.2 beta 2. Upon powering up the R77, screen stayed black. Tried clean install on fresh SD-Card as well as upgrading my old version by copying over the new uImage-file. In both cases black screen after boot. Went back to v6. 0.2 b2. Works fine. Any ideas? 

Just to be sure: can you try a different HDMI cable? If that doesn't help, please create a file called "developer" at the root of  the SD card. The content of the file is irrelevant. This will put the firmware in developer mode, and it will write a log next time you turn on the R77. Give it five minutes or so time as the firmware will generate a SSH key when booted in dev mode for the first time. After that, you should find a file /sys/diagnostics.log on the SD card. Please post the file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Important note: After doing the diagnosis, my R77 would not want to start again until I removed all sqlite files. 

That‘s definitely shouldn‘t happen, I use it in dev mode most of the time. The only difference between dev and non-dev is that dev mode brings up network + ssh and writes the log. Booting takes a bit longer (and much longer on first boot), but nothing changes w.r.t. Stella or the configuration.

What's the intended way to exit "Pause mode?"  By default it's(Rewind one state & enter Pause mode) mapped to J0/B6, which is left-lower trigger on my wireless controller.  Pressing the trigger again, holding it down, double-clicking, tapping- none of these seems to have any effect once paused.

The only way I've found to exit pause so far is to bring up the menu and then close the menu at which point the game is running again.  No other buttons seem to effect the paused state, not even reset.