IGNORED

HSC17 Round 2: DONKEY KONG

19 minutes ago, Deteacher said:
1 hour ago, Deteacher said:

The hit detection is VERY unforgiving.  Jumping and getting hit by a barrel on the ramp above you really sucks.  And ALWAYS stop moving before smashing something with a hammer...it's much easier to be killed while moving with the hammer in the A8 version than the arcade version.

19 minutes ago, Deteacher said:

191,200!  Got to level 6.  Question:  On the elevator level, did they move the ledge from the right elevator over?  I went for the jump and didn't even come close to making it.  :(

Banging head all part of the game. Long time since I saw the later levels but I think there are some small changes, McKong over to you ;)

Improved to 111,700 then 118,100 still that first board on Level 5 is my sticking point ?

Fun Challenge most things hit with a hammer - I had 11 mainly pies - could do separate challenge for barrels.

8 hours ago, Deteacher said:

191,200!  Got to level 6.  Question:  On the elevator level, did they move the ledge from the right elevator over?  I went for the jump and didn't even come close to making it.  :(

DK 191200.png

Yes the platforms on the girder screen move on the 6th level making that jump impossible

• Like 3

Still haven't found my joystick/gamepad, but have improved my score: 50,500

Enjoying this game again. I remember playing this on my Atari 800XL more than at the arcade, so this is the version of the game that I love. Of course, I could play this more because I didn't have to plunk in any coins just to play.

atari007.png.7ff8e4ceb3ec4b3bdb8c25a9586f395f.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pusakat said:

Still haven't found my joystick/gamepad, but have improved my score: 50,500

Enjoying this game again. I remember playing this on my Atari 800XL more than at the arcade, so this is the version of the game that I love. Of course, I could play this more because I didn't have to plunk in any coins just to play.

that's pretty good going with the keyboard - the game really makes use of the diagonals for the ladders.

First Table

let me know if i missed anything ;-)

*DONKEY KONG*

1st   Deteacher                    191,200  12pts
  2nd   McKong                       171,800  11pts
  3rd   RedThunder                 152,600  10pts
  4th   therealbountybob      118,100  9pts
  5th   graywest                       72,300  9pts
  6th   Gury                               65,300  8pts
  7th   Starbug                         61,300  7pts
  8th   Mangia-Boy                  58,300  6pts
  9th   pusakat                        50,500  5pts
 10th   Sikor                            38,900  4pts
 11th   oracle_jedi                 38,100  3pts
 12th   mimo                           19,800  2pts
 13th   carlsson                      19,000  2pts

• Like 3

Managed to grab an hour or so this evening. Gonna hit this game properly this weekend (with a bit of luck)

Not a huge improvement, but I'm well happy with it

Also, is anybody else playing on NTSC? It seems so fast, I'm absolutely terrified on every stage (bar the rivet stage), wondering if I'd have better luck trying a PAL version on Emulator?

20200206_223950.jpg

Edited by STARBUG
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mimo said:

Discovered yesterday that I have labyrinthitis which may partly explain why I am so crap. That and being old and crap :D

I'm not sure if that's real or from playing too much Dandy and Gauntlet but even so you still managed mid table on round 1 :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, RedThunder said:

Looks like I need to fix the next poll if I am to win a round this season :roll:

13 hours ago, slx said:

Lining up for number last with 14.300

That's fighting talk, there will be some competition for it :-D We're glad to see any scores of course it encourages others to play too :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, STARBUG said:

Also, is anybody else playing on NTSC? It seems so fast, I'm absolutely terrified on every stage (bar the rivet stage), wondering if I'd have better luck trying a PAL version on Emulator?

deteacher is the man on NTSC

Welcome Magmavision2000 :thumbsup: and welcome back to HSC veteran goochman :thumbsup:

If anyone who missed Round 1 Joust wants to post a late score that is great, goochman has already done this making 29 players :cool:

• Like 3