IGNORED

How many Jaguar Consoles do you own?

Rick Dangerous

How Many Jaguar Hardware Units do you Own?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. How many Atari Jaguar Consoles do you own?

• 0-I play exclusively on an emulator
    • 1-All i need to play is one!
    • 2-Just in case
    • 4+
  2. 2. How Many Jaguar CD's do you own?

• 0-Too expensive or no longer necessary with the SD Cart
    • 1-Good to have at least one!
    • 2-Why not have a backup?
    • 3+ Is this even possible?!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

How many consoles do you own?  I am curious to see what we all have.  I used to have 4 but gave one to a friend.  I have 3x consoles now and 2x Jag CDs.

Still....when i see them in the wild i am tempted to buy them.   I may go up to 4 again soon.   Also--I find certain games don't work well with certain motherboard revisions.  Usually if i find a game is glitching or crashing; i try it on another Jag of mine and it will work fine.

To the poll---Please don't respond "0" if you don't play Jag or have any interest in Jag.  I'm trying to guage Jag gamers who use emulation vs actual console owners. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Two complete Jaguar consoles and one JagCD for me, plus a few spare Jaguar motherboards "just in case."

I also have one of the infamous Mike Kennedy transparent Jaguar shells that I'll mount a spare board into at some point, when I have time to make the necessary modifications to it.

• Like 1

I have two Complete Jag consoles.

Back in the day (around 1995/96 time frame) I had a pretty extensive Jag collection (which included the Jag CD and many rare-ish titles), unfortunately I no longer own the CD unit and it's just too costly for me to purchase. 

I have three consoles.  Two of which work great and one that needs the U38 replaced.  Also have two toilet bowls that work perfectly.  Bought the toilet bowls on E-BAY years ago as non working but I cleaned them and tried them and they worked fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I used to have 4 but gave one to a friend.  

Wow - now that is a true friendship.

I have two base consoles: I picked up my first one in 2000.  Back in 2006-07, you could pick up a working console for about $35 US plus shipping, so I decided what the heck, maybe pick up a backup unit just in case.

No JagCD.  I used to have one, but there were only 3 or 4 games that I really liked and so I sold it for a good price.  Kind of wish I still had it.

I'm trying to guage Jag gamers who use emulation vs actual console owners. 

Is Jaguar emulation any better?  I tried it about 3-4 years ago, and found it was pretty lousy then.

Edited by ls650

One Jaguar console, thinking about getting a spare. Only recently got into Jaguar stuff.

One of the more interesting systems to play and collect for. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a system and JagCD when Caldor was blowing them out for 49.99 FOR BOTH near me when I was a kid. 

Would love to get a JagCD but I just can't bring myself to at the prices they go for on ebay even for broken ones. 

I've had several base consoles and CD attachments over the years, but currently only have one base console now. I'd like to get a second one again to do some system link, but it's difficult to justify the price these days. I don't foresee myself owning another CD attachment again unless I happen to come in contact with a huge sum of money for one reason or another. Highly unlikely.

Edited by Austin