IGNORED

How many Jaguar Consoles do you own?

Rick Dangerous

How Many Jaguar Hardware Units do you Own?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. How many Atari Jaguar Consoles do you own?

• 0-I play exclusively on an emulator
    • 1-All i need to play is one!
    • 2-Just in case
    • 4+
  2. 2. How Many Jaguar CD's do you own?

• 0-Too expensive or no longer necessary with the SD Cart
    • 1-Good to have at least one!
    • 2-Why not have a backup?
    • 3+ Is this even possible?!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

i actually still have my original Jag from 1995ish.  :)  I never picked up more games than Pitfall and Iron Soldier, though.

!!  You've owned a Jaguar for almost 25 years and only own two games?  Surely you have tried at least a few others such as Tempest 2000 or AvP...?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ls650 said:

!!  You've owned a Jaguar for almost 25 years and only own two games?  Surely you have tried at least a few others such as Tempest 2000 or AvP...?

I have at least played Tempest 2000.  :)  For me, it was a pretty neat system at the time but ended up going by the wayside for other consoles, the PC, and life in general.

I still pull it out from time to time and fire up Pitfall because I really do like the game.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I have at least played Tempest 2000.  :)  For me, it was a pretty neat system at the time but ended up going by the wayside for other consoles, the PC, and life in general.

I still pull it out from time to time and fire up Pitfall because I really do like the game.

Too bad the game prices have skyrocketed in the last few years.  The Jaguar has some serious awful games, but there are a few gems that are well worth checking out, but perhaps not at today's crazy prices.

If I were you I'd definitely look into getting a Skunkboard or a JagGD cart so you can experience some of the better games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Machine said:

That is a great collection, but perhaps find a better way to display it?  ?

Those are just the empty boxes...I don't really keep stuff on display. The boxes are kept in Rubbermaid containers, and the carts are on a shelf/stand.

• Like 1

6 consoles, 3 cd-players.

I bought a cd-player at first with Battlemorph and Primal Rage which I thought were awesome Jaguar games , but later decided to buy a second unit (this is when prices were cheap compared to modern retro prices), in case the first unit might get defective and I was only collecting for Jaguar and Lynx.

Surprisingly I got the third unit for cheap at an online Dutch marketplace as no-one put a high bid on it.

Since the arrival of Skunkboard and GDcart the cd-players might be expendable, but the VLM is a very nice feature imo which I think can only be used with a cd-player?

I have 3x consoles: 1x New /Boxed (was 'sealed' but the seal unstuck with age), 1x 50hz console and 1x 60hz console (no reason, would prefer both at 60hz btw!).

No JagCD as nothing compelling enough ever released to have me pull the trigger.

Also:

FB_IMG_1581006505472.thumb.jpg.cc9253d3945869a7d7c9cebbf8fa1beb.jpg

What game is that??!!! You can tell I haven't been around for a while!

Two, one complete boxed unit bought discounted during one of the last German Atari shows in the mid-90s and a very reasonably priced spare I was offered by a US seller when buying some other retro stuff.

(plus an unreasonable amount of spare controllers, 40 games, a skunkboard and a place on SainT‘s waiting list)

CD‘s were always more expensive than I was willing to afford at the time. Best still had them for about 200$ when I first looked.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tripled79 said:

I am wondering if there are any capacitor kits out there to maintain Jaguar units? I recapped an old Genesis a friend gave me and it works great now. I guess hitting that 25 year mark on Jag and Jag CD units could use some TLC...

Console5.com has cap kits for the Jag. 

https://console5.com/store/cap-kits/console-cap-kits/atari/jaguar.html

• Like 1

Short answer: I'm not really sure.

Longer answer:

• At least 4 Jaguar consoles, some of them former developer units from groups such as id Software and Temporary Sanity Designs
  • 2 CD units
  • 2 Skunkboards
  • 2 (or is it 3?) 4MB Alpine developer boards
  • Multiple Atari era 4MB flash cartridges
  • Several thousand blank cartridge PCBs and shells (although my supply been depleted over the years, so it's probably just upper hundreds nowadays...)

• Like 6