IGNORED

TI Forums

MikeV

8 hours ago, kl99 said:

If people guide you to atariage for TI they mean the given forums by jedimatt. There is no other TI only forum on atariage, only single threads at the fleamarket maybe.

5 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

What !?

I am sure Klaus intended “If people guide you to AtariAge for TI, they mean the forums listed by @jedimatt42 in post#3.”

...lee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

This one, and the development forum are in the Classic Computing hierarchy... 

1033279473_Screenshotfrom2020-02-0418-49-02.thumb.png.e0102a590305b1f0d774692e404aa30f.png

And there is a sticky, FAQ thread... It'll talk about archives... I think the truthful answer about archives is 'no', but there is an archive aspiration on http://ftp.whtech.com

-M@

Thanks for the course correction. Computers and their terminology have always been somewhat of a mystery. I probably should have asked about threads. There are a gazillion of those here, which makes finding information (or what goes where) challenging. Some appear to be rather official (or clearly defined), e.g. Finalgrom, AMS, RXB, etc. I have read the FAQ, but it is general. MikeV

This being a general-purpose forum, threads aren't heavily sorted. We basically have two categories: development and everything else. Sometimes the two blur a bit, but generally everything stays within that simple sort. Probably your best option when looking for something specific would be to use the search function, targeted to the simplest possible description you can think of for the topic you want to search for. There is a HUGE amount of information buried in these threads. . .and there is no such thing as thread necromancy here, as all threads, no matter how old, are fair game for updates and new questions.

• Like 3

It's also a little off the beaten path, but in my blog I have an entry that will take you DIRECTLY to some things as like keyboard strips, Reference Cards, Cartridge Labels, 3D Printer Files, Diskette Label Artwork, P-Box Label Replacements, Technical Information, Programming Aids, Some Geneve Materials, and the new Historical Section.  All you have to do is....  << CLICK HERE >>.

And as always, if there is something of GOOD QUALITY that you would like to see included, just fire me off a PM with the link.

15 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

This one, and the development forum are in the Classic Computing hierarchy... 

1033279473_Screenshotfrom2020-02-0418-49-02.thumb.png.e0102a590305b1f0d774692e404aa30f.png

And there is a sticky, FAQ thread... It'll talk about archives... I think the truthful answer about archives is 'no', but there is an archive aspiration on http://ftp.whtech.com/

-M@

Thank you for the course correction. Computers and their terminology have always been somewhat elusive. A better term would have been "thread" as you suggested. Some of the threads appear "official", e.g. AMS, FinalGrom, RXB, etc. so I presumed questions along those lines are placed there. The great number of threads makes it difficult to seek information and/ or contribute. I have read the TI FAQ, but it does not directly deal with these TI-Atari pages. There are archives in the Finalgrom thread, but they consist of multiple links. A different way of doing things, but it works. There are also references here to a gamebase, which I have not yet located. Thanks again. MikeV.

2 minutes ago, MikeV said:

Thank you for the course correction. Computers and their terminology have always been somewhat elusive. A better term would have been "thread" as you suggested. Some of the threads appear "official", e.g. AMS, FinalGrom, RXB, etc. so I presumed questions along those lines are placed there. The great number of threads makes it difficult to seek information and/ or contribute. I have read the TI FAQ, but it does not directly deal with these TI-Atari pages. There are archives in the Finalgrom thread, but they consist of multiple links. A different way of doing things, but it works. There are also references here to a gamebase, which I have not yet located. Thanks again. MikeV.

I appear to have responded twice as the phone rang (co-op business) and could not find my earlier post and presumed it was not complete. Now there are two! Thanks! MV

52 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

This being a general-purpose forum, threads aren't heavily sorted. We basically have two categories: development and everything else. Sometimes the two blur a bit, but generally everything stays within that simple sort. Probably your best option when looking for something specific would be to use the search function, targeted to the simplest possible description you can think of for the topic you want to search for. There is a HUGE amount of information buried in these threads. . .and there is no such thing as thread necromancy here, as all threads, no matter how old, are fair game for updates and new questions.

Yes, I learned that the less convenient way by responding to some 4 or 5 year old threads. (Topics found via a search.) I need to read more carefully. thanks.

48 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

It's also a little off the beaten path, but in my blog I have an entry that will take you DIRECTLY to some things as like keyboard strips, Reference Cards, Cartridge Labels, 3D Printer Files, Diskette Label Artwork, P-Box Label Replacements, Technical Information, Programming Aids, Some Geneve Materials, and the new Historical Section.  All you have to do is....  << CLICK HERE >>.

And as always, if there is something of GOOD QUALITY that you would like to see included, just fire me off a PM with the link.

Thanks for the note. I have seen and downloaded some of those things here. I will check your blog as well. MikeV.

• Like 1

Do people here generally bookmark a thread of interest? Is there a better way to get back to threads (they get shuffled all the time as the newest are placed on top)? Can you elect to pin them at the start of the pages, some appear to be automatically? I do not think I pinned them myself. (Lastly!) How do some posts end up with the convenient tags? Thanks in advance. MV

On 2/5/2020 at 1:59 PM, arcadeshopper said:

you can follow posts, just click on the follow button at the top image.png.d4386bff8d1fc641c4fc7ebdedd2f77d.png

pinned posts are pinned by the admin to keep things like the rules and such at the top

tags are added by the poster so when you create a new post it has a box that says tags on it, put tag words in there

I think I got it - Thanks.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, --- Ω --- said:

Didn't know there were blogs here (under apps) thanks again.

• Like 1