IGNORED

FinalGROM 99 Board with Low-Profile Switches?

sixersfan105

Anyone know where I can find a FinalGROM 99 board with low-profile switches? I specifically need one with the low-profile switches because I already have COREi64's FinalGROM 99 case. Ralph has moved on to his SDD 99 project and Arcade Shopper is sold out and since he sourced directly from Ralph, that won't be an option either. I'm not sure where else to turn. MacRorie/The Brewing Academy's offering has the tall switches that won't play nicely with COREi64's case. I don't possess the skills and/or tools to either A) trim down the Brewing Academy's switches or B) remove the switches altogether and replace with smaller ones, as that would require soldering. 

Any ideas??

The Brewing Academy's final grom comes with a case, it's not as nice (IMO) as the COREi, but after a little work with a Dremel tool, it works, but the label doesn't line up well with the indicator LED.

I'm afraid, that you might have to eat the cost of the nicer COREi case and use the standard issue one - if I understand your question.

Also, I like the arcade shopper final grom a little better, because it seems odd to insert the SD card upside down.. But once it's in, it's in.

One other option, maybe you can send you Brewer Academy final grom to COREi, and he can build one for it?

It would be worth it to me to retro-grade my two Brewer Academy Case, that actual cartridge itself works great.

10 minutes ago, dhe said:

The Brewing Academy's final grom comes with a case, it's not as nice (IMO) as the COREi, but after a little work with a Dremel tool, it works, but the label doesn't line up well with the indicator LED.

I'm afraid, that you might have to eat the cost of the nicer COREi case and use the standard issue one - if I understand your question.

Also, I like the arcade shopper final grom a little better, because it seems odd to insert the SD card upside down.. But once it's in, it's in.

One other option, maybe you can send you Brewer Academy final grom to COREi, and he can build one for it?

It would be worth it to me to retro-grade my two Brewer Academy Case, that actual cartridge itself works great.

Yeah, I much prefer COREi64's case. COREi64 (Thomas) did give me an option of purchasing from Brewing Academy and then shipping to him to make it work with his case, but that's a lot of shipping to and from Canada (I'm US-based), so suddenly it would be costing me a small fortune...

11 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

he uses a different card reader than Ralph did.. functionally identical but mounted to the board on the other side like noted earlier in this thread 

Oh gotcha, so by "he" you mean Brewing Academy/MacRorie. That wasn't clear to me. So SD card would still be positioned the same so that it would work with COREi64's case but I would have to insert it upside down?