IGNORED

Long Term Modular Project

Mehridian Sanders

So I was thinking about all the upgrades that have been made, the mods for video, power, speed, and I thought " so many options ... would be great to house them all in one spot" ..

I came up with a very rough draft...

Each section would be modular.

--3D PRINTED Bottom + Back = base mod. Setting power to modern supply. Converting power as necessary. Allowing enough power to spin a couple of fans. Cassette connection passthrough switchable to RS232 interface. Or dual connection combo switchable (2 cassette, 1 cassette and 1 RS232, or 2 RS232) and finally DIN to VGA converter. (WIP)

Let me know what you think..

If there's room for improvement please addon. I have more info but have to drive home to check on dog.eb9cecc72eb06509e190e78e6416ccd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Concepts so far :
- Most modules are optional, so as to allow each user to choose the esthetic that pleases most.
- 3D print spacer approx 2" high to go between upper and lower shell.
- Shunt Sidecar output to space within. (Bridging truss 3d printed for PEB firehose if desired.
- House Speech synth board below main unit. Allow Sidecar 5v Passthrough.
- House NanoPEB or CF7 below based on preference. Back of spacer to allow breakaway portions or sliding caps for external wiring.

Alternatively, 3D print "docking station parts" with sidecar shunt. 2" added to height 3" added to depth, and 4" to width (2" either side..

Additional width would allow housing for joystick adapter and speech synth mounting.

Additional depth to accommodate newer power supply and FPGA VGA adapter (WIP)

Additional height can house any number of addons. In the sense of upgrading your computer, the space gives you something to plan for and choose the way you want to go.

With newer power supply, original power board can be removed, used as interim power supply as needed.

TI keyboard can be removed and TIUSB keys can be used.

Peb housing would work like Rave99. Additional back to cradle PEB cards, or use the original PEB case.

More to come as I plan.

18 hours ago, Gilbyph said:

I'm interested in seeing where this is going. Do you have a list of all the upgrades and modifications you plan on putting into this system? 

I am going to try and shoehorn everything in the FAQ sticky in there or find a way to make the spot where "similar/same function" devices can reside.

Will you be able to do the internal 32k on the 16bit bus memory modification and still be able to use the NanoPeb, or will you be skipping that one?
The idea is to allow each user to choose the config they want. All I am doing is designing a case and peripheral support. If the user so chooses, they can put in a NanoPEB or a 32k sidecar. I am not trying to circumvent any established norms, simply trying to find a way to make it more user friendly and space efficient. The power supply issue is one I have already worked around with ATX 1 power supply from a 5 year old pc. There was a lot of unused power in that supply, wanted to see if I could spread it out ..while still utilizing the same standard interna kml motherboard.