IGNORED

Loading Myarc Disk Manager from Extended Basic

jenorton

Hi:

I have a copy of the Myarc Disk Manager (mdm150.dsk) which is supposed to load from Extended Basic.  I can use "CALL MDM" to load it, but, if I let Extended Basic load it through the "LOAD" program, it says "Subprogram not found in 100".

Seems like this happens when the CALL LINK("SLOAD") statement tries to execute.

Do I have an outdated version? or is something genreally wrong with the latest version.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, jenorton said:

Hi:

I have a copy of the Myarc Disk Manager (mdm150.dsk) which is supposed to load from Extended Basic.  I can use "CALL MDM" to load it, but, if I let Extended Basic load it through the "LOAD" program, it says "Subprogram not found in 100".

Seems like this happens when the CALL LINK("SLOAD") statement tries to execute.

Do I have an outdated version? or is something genreally wrong with the latest version.

Thanks!

Might Crash in RXB, I had to rewrite my loader using RXB instead.

I used a dump of the code in Lower 8K from the CALL LINK("SLOAD") on disk to make a copy for my RXB CALL BSAVE("DSK2.MDMLOAD")

The dump was converted to TEXT and RXB opened it like a DV80 file to read the bytes and move them into Lower 8K using CALL LOAD.

That way the BSAVE just made a Program Image file of the lower 8K loaded by BLOAD thus CALL BLOAD("DSK2.MDMLOAD") did the same thing with out crashing.

The reason for the crash is that the loader used a GRAM address that did not really make sense and was a bug used to make the loader work, RXB removed that bug.