IGNORED

Terraonion MegaSD cart with 32x 'waiting' or overheating issue?

seastalker

I finally have a working 32x.  Works with both 32x carts and Genesis games. When using the MegaSD, I can select any game and load fine.  If I turn off the genesis and on again to select a new 32x game, the MegaSD doesn't boot into the menu again. I have to wait a while and try again.  I do not have this issue when the MegaSd is plugged in directly in the Genesis without the 32x (though obviously I mean the menu loads but can't play 32x games w/o a 32x).  I tried to define precisely what wait time is required.  I think I got it down to a five minute wait before powering on again. Is it a heat issue and waiting a few minutes makes the SD load again without issue? Does the MegaSD take a power draw standard carts don't take? I'm trying to troubleshoot why a recapped Genesis, Mega SD and 32x all work fine on their own but not when paired as a trilogy without waiting some odd minutes.  

The only other thing I can think of is if the MegaSD holds something in static memory that prevents it from rebooting on a 32x for a few minutes until time elapsed rids the cart of some memory based stored information.

Any takers on this issue? Thanks! 

I checked and saw there was a firmware revision from .07 to .09 which seemed to make things better, mostly.  The problem still happens, but it is good to set your MegaSD reset setting to HARD. If the problem shows up again, hit the reset button on the Genesis a couple of times and the menu should show. ALSO, if you select a 32x game and it doesn't boot, it might be loaded into memory but you need to hit reset again for the game to load.  I can live with that.