IGNORED

eBay item

GDMike

I didn't mean to put this here, it's supposed to go in the "EBay items"

My bad..I hate using this phone, but most of the time the phone works fine for me, but the other day I ended up hosting a Facebook party on the 99er page..I hate this phone.. and before that, I noticed that if my phone gets placed sideways it will put me into creating message in the atariage forum.. that didn't happen here. And I don't know how to move this to the correct page either,(not seeing the option) and I can't see the option for just deleting it...

Ahh.its a telnet modem.hmmm

It won't work with a regular peb rs232?

-Mike

Edited by GDMike

2 hours ago, Nervebreaker said:

I posted another item on ebay - some kind of wire wrap dialer - also have the grom box on ebay

http://ebay.us/FUDQSz?cmpnId=5338273189

Could it be a modem? Can you see if any of the 18-pin ICs are a TMS99532 modem chip? 

Other possibilities I can think of: a door entry panel, a radio tower remote controller. It seems to interface to a backplane through buffer chips.

6 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Could it be a modem? Can you see if any of the 18-pin ICs are a TMS99532 modem chip? 

After squinting at the schematic, it sure seems like a sidecar modem. There's a 99532, both pulse and tone dialing, a momentary switch for manual pick, a line marked UART, and a "CD" LED that could be Carrier Detect.

And I figured out the board layout. "A1" is the lower right. Letters bottom to top, numbers right to left. The 99523 is C5 on the schematic. It's the chip 2 spots right from the EPROM under the VHS label.

Edited by InfiniteTape
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found a supersketch on eBay in box and looking good. It was $50 with shipping and there was another listed for$40 and the box had a tear I think... but I couldn't believe it was sitting there for I don't know how long and I thought the day before, if its Still listed I'll definitely buy the better looking one. Today I went to see if that other was still there or not, and nope it's gone. I was extremely happy to get this.

I had one back in the day along with a MBX system..so glad to see this.

$_57.jpeg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

And for those of you into collecting weird cartridge variants, Navarone used the Personal Peripherals cartridge cases for limited numbers of at least seven of their cartridges. I have six of the seven known titles in this format (I'm still missing Speed Reading A--but Ciro has one like this in his collection, so its existence is confirmed).

NavaroneInPPICases-1.jpg

• Like 6

• 11 months later...
On 3/3/2020 at 3:22 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Does Sketch Mate know how to print to a color printer?

HI----I have an Epson lx300 printer with colour motor installed----and Sketch/Mate only prints out in gray shades---whether possible to get into PRINTER program on the program disk!----not sure----but something to look into later!----I did have the original Sketch/Mate disk and manual up to a couple of years ago---when i decided to sell on----i made a copy of the disk---but not the manual----and could not remember the key sequence----all now sorted with the help of Mike---and have now made a copy of manual----and yes----just purchased my second Super.Sketch a few months ago from USA ----Total cost to UK including tax $100 ----box needed some attention----but otherwise works well----anyway----lets try and get the pictures in COLOUR!