IGNORED

2020 New Jaguar Cartridges

JaggingUK

I was just wondering what cartridges are due for commercial release in 2020 - we seem to have been spoiled in recent years so I was just wondering if that will be continuing into 2020 or will the lack-lustre response for some recent Jaguar games maybe go against future Atari Jaguar releases.

I am just wondering what companies/individuals have lined up for a 2020 cartridge release and about how many games we can expect as recent years have seen plenty of cartridges released commercially - some excellent and some not-so, but all adding to keeping the Jaguar nice and buoyant. 

Ive been out of the loop for bit (child rearing, she's 4 now... time flies!). Clearly, I have missed some bits but Last Strike looks fun and promising!

I was going to chip in with 'needs rapid/auto fire' but spotted it in the options! If only Zero 5 and Raiden had implemented such options, eh?

Glad to see the good work is still being done. Thanks guys!

Erm, side note: Is Rebooteroids still available? Still produced/stocked etc? Would be cool to grab a NEW Jag game! Cheers.

1 hour ago, NeoGeoNinja said:

Erm, side note: Is Rebooteroids still available? Still produced/stocked etc? Would be cool to grab a NEW Jag game! Cheers.

It was sold out for a while, but I'm pretty certain I saw a post from Albert saying it was soon to be back in stock.

I would just shoot him a PM and find out.

Thanks Guys! :thumbsup:

So, I don't have an issue with paying $70 for this game. But, I'm going to have problems re: shipping cost, import tax and, the often overlooked but not forgotten, handling fee of doom!

Thus, is there anywhere in the UK I can acquire this bad boy aside eBay?

Thanks all!

Edited by NeoGeoNinja
Additional questions
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NeoGeoNinja said:

So, I don't have an issue with paying $70 for this game. But, I'm going to have problems re: shipping cost, import tax and, the often overlooked but not forgotten, handling fee of doom!

Thanks all!

Only available at AtariAge, sorry.

1 hour ago, ls650 said:

If you have a friend in the States, get them to buy it for you, then ship it to you as a gift..?

Yeah. It's a solid thought tbh. However, shipping alone is pretty expensive and would take the game up to $100 quite easily.

I'm just a little more conscientious with my spending nowadays.

I guess I'll hold out for some one in the UK looking to part with theirs. I've seen they sell for a reasonable £50ish on eBay when they come up. Probably my best solution.

FYI, I'd rather pay/contribute directly but on the breadline nowadays! Sorry...

I hear you.  I'm thinking of buying Meteors!, an Asteroids-type game for the Intellivision, but with shipping it's about $100 Cnd.  It's a big chunk of change for essentially a variation of a game I already own on several consoles.

I will say that Rebooteroids is a great game and will give you many hours of enjoyment....

• Like 1

The only way to soften the handling fees and shipping is to buy several things at once. Unfortunately this is incompatible with not buying too much stuff at once. While I very much like the packaging that comes with many new games, I do hope that the new SainT cart will make it more attractive to offer paid digital download content to us east of the Atlantic. 

5 hours ago, Swansea_Mariner said:

What happened to that beta phase games release of KA airfare, that seemed close then they just disappeared?

If you mean KA Aircars, the version of AirCars with ESRB rating I have it. As far as Beta Phase games goes I'm not sure what happened to them. Their domain is still owned by them so I think they just need to pay their website subscription and everything will be back up. I don't think they have actually disappeared yet

On 2/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, JaggingUK said:

I was just wondering what cartridges are due for commercial release in 2020 - we seem to have been spoiled in recent years so I was just wondering if that will be continuing into 2020 or will the lack-lustre response for some recent Jaguar games maybe go against future Atari Jaguar releases.

I am just wondering what companies/individuals have lined up for a 2020 cartridge release and about how many games we can expect as recent years have seen plenty of cartridges released commercially - some excellent and some not-so, but all adding to keeping the Jaguar nice and buoyant. 

Has there been any update from VladR about the game he intended to release this year?  Believe he demoed something at Portland Retro Gaming Expo, a thread got locked, and then i haven't heard anything about it since.

Bob

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2020 at 10:20 PM, NeoGeoNinja said:

Thanks all!

You just gotta take it on the chin with that one. All I would say as someone who did, even though it's easily the most expensive game I've ever bought (after shipping, duty and fees you're looking at around £90, which is about $115 or there abouts), I don't regret it. For me it's a toss up between Rebooteroids and T2K as to which is the best game on the Jag.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 6:08 AM, slx said:

The only way to soften the handling fees and shipping is to buy several things at once. Unfortunately this is incompatible with not buying too much stuff at once. While I very much like the packaging that comes with many new games, I do hope that the new SainT cart will make it more attractive to offer paid digital download content to us east of the Atlantic. 

This ^

I tend to buy from AA maybe once or twice a year, but they're big/expensive orders. The next order I'll be combining with a friend to split the costs. That's another option I suppose for NeoGeoNinja. If you want to combine on one of our orders to split the fees 3 ways on the next one? Might be a while though, I'm waiting for the release of Last Strike and Arkanoid on the 7800 ideally before we put the next one in. But if you're prepared to wait it could be a way of softening the blow.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:47 AM, Swansea_Mariner said:

What happened to that beta phase games release of KA airfare, that seemed close then they just disappeared?

Yeah, I don't know.  If I remember correctly, they were seemingly ready to release and then the guy just disappeared from the site and never came back.  Hopefully everything is ok with him.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:33 AM, jguff said:

Has there been any update from VladR about the game he intended to release this year?  Believe he demoed something at Portland Retro Gaming Expo, a thread got locked, and then i haven't heard anything about it since.

Bob

He seems to be busy on the english amiga board EAB recently talking about Jaguar and flat shading polygon games he is going to write for the Vampire accelerator for the Amiga if it is ever properly released.... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1