IGNORED

2020 New Jaguar Cartridges

JaggingUK

On 2/9/2020 at 6:26 PM, ls650 said:

If you have a friend in the States, get them to buy it for you, then ship it to you as a gift..?

That doesn’t work out much cheaper unfortunately. I did that with rebooteroids and still ended up paying over 20 quid in postage. 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:05 AM, mario64 said:

Add me to the list requesting these games be sold digitally. As it stands now the only benefit to the Jag GD is loading up the official releases. I would much prefer to keep all my games on it rather than have a bunch of separate carts just for homebrew. 

Yup, also would be a nice way to get things like Impulse X which the carts have sold out (and are mercilessly scalped when they do come up for sale) and is only available on JagCD, which I don't have.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:43 AM, str0m said:

He seems to be busy on the english amiga board EAB recently talking about Jaguar and flat shading polygon games he is going to write for the Vampire accelerator for the Amiga if it is ever properly released.... ?

Typical behaviour from the last 8 or so years.  He'll never release anything except walls of number wang text.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, juansolo said:

If you want to combine on one of our orders to split the fees 3 ways on the next one? Might be a while though, I'm waiting for the release of Last Strike and Arkanoid on the 7800 ideally before we put the next one in. But if you're prepared to wait it could be a way of softening the blow.

Depending on the outcome of the post-Brexit trade agreement talks, there might be a customs fee for shipping stuff between the UK and Austria by that time...... thanks for the offer, though, I'll try to think of it when the AtariAge shopping bug bites again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, slx said:

Depending on the outcome of the post-Brexit trade agreement talks, there might be a customs fee for shipping stuff between the UK and Austria by that time...... thanks for the offer, though, I'll try to think of it when the AtariAge shopping bug bites again.

I don't doubt it sadly. The only bright side is that it's taken this long to not come up with any sort of agreement so far, I think it's unlikely things will be changing in a hurry. Because if they're anything like our customs charges from anywhere else to us, it'll make importing anything a royal pain in the arse.

16 minutes ago, juansolo said:

Because if they're anything like our customs charges from anywhere else to us, it'll make importing anything a royal pain in the arse.

I can live with import duties, what really pisses me off are the fixed fees levied by the carriers. I know I have to pay VAT when importing stuff, but paying an equal or higher amount to the carrier for next to no work is #$%&! Austrian Mail used to charge a modest 5 Euros for this service but has now decided to up it to 10 while the likes of UPS have gone up to 15. 

6 hours ago, slx said:

I can live with import duties, what really pisses me off are the fixed fees levied by the carriers. 

The worst is that stupid eBay GSP (Global Shipping Program).  I can see items on eBay for say $15-$20 that USPS will ship to Canada for maybe $12-$15 and will get to my door without customs charged... but the GSP program want $25-30 or more shipping, enforced duty, and handling fees.  Total bullshit.  That GSP is an absolute ripoff and I avoid any auctions that use it.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:55 AM, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

I As far as Beta Phase games goes I'm not sure what happened to them. Their domain is still owned by them so I think they just need to pay their website subscription and everything will be back up. I don't think they have actually disappeared yet

Nobody has heard a word from him in years. Any attempts made by a few different people to contact him using all well known and some lesser known avenues has gone without response to anyone at any time. The website has been dead for 3 years. They have totally disappeared.

22 minutes ago, ls650 said:

The worst is that stupid eBay GSP (Global Shipping Program).  I can see items on eBay for say $15-$20 that USPS will ship to Canada for maybe $12-$15 and will get to my door without customs charged... but the GSP program want $25-30 or more shipping, enforced duty, and handling fees.  Total bullshit.  That GSP is an absolute ripoff and I avoid any auctions that use it.

GSP is extremely variable. For Europe some rates are reasonably low (I have paid only 32 USD for a floppy drive, much less than a remaining service would cost) but sometimes ridiculously high (like 150$ for an old computer). I think it depends a lot on whether the sender assesses weight and dimensions accurately. 

• 1 month later...

I've been working on-and-off (more off than on it seems) on Simone (a progressive memory clone of you guessed it: Simon) and Zilch (10,000 dice game) for the past several years.

Simone will be released this year on 2MB Cart (in plastic case with insert and foil die-cut cart label on clear cart) and white CDs with foil labels on black sleeves. Anything past 50 CDs will be non-foil standard DigiPaks. I'm expecting the CDs to be at or under $12.99 (for either variant) and carts at around $25.99. Right now I'm waiting on game cases to become available since everything is on lock down with delays. Afterwards, I just have to order PCBs and chips to burn, test, assemble and ship. It's a game that anyone of any age can just toss in and enjoy a quick go at.

Zilch will be a 4MB cart only game and hopefully will be done before the end of the year... permitting I can keep my motivation on it, though I'm in no hurry. The real work at this point are the character animations and voice overs. I'd like to make sure the option for 2-player is available as well. This will come in a custom black game box with foil die-cut label on red cart at or around $45.

image0.thumb.jpeg.3e0aefea14eb9d9e308badef3954fd39.jpeg

image2.thumb.jpeg.4248eb47f5530ce50303d210a7334a71.jpeg

image1.thumb.jpeg.270cfa0b7ed02ae2ecf1b09fa1e4d86d.jpeg

zilch.jpg.thumb.jpeg.942403c4b65813fd3e93277758c9bcbb.jpeg

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...