IGNORED

Jaguar Mouse Question

matthew954

OK, I have a copy of Star Wars Arcade coming, and am wanting to get the adapter for the Jag to use a PS/2 mouse.  With cruising eBay, I've been coming across a lot of optical mice, rather than standard ball mouse.  Will the optical mouse work on the Jag or does it have to use a ball mouse?

19 minutes ago, matthew954 said:

OK, I have a copy of Star Wars Arcade coming, and am wanting to get the adapter for the Jag to use a PS/2 mouse.  With cruising eBay, I've been coming across a lot of optical mice, rather than standard ball mouse.  Will the optical mouse work on the Jag or does it have to use a ball mouse?

Any fully PS/2 compatible mouse will work (once you have the PS/2 to Jaguar adapter, of course).  Indeed, the one I test all of the adapters on is an optical mouse.

I wonder if an optical mouse would control better in these games VS a trackball style mouse.

I have the ST mouse adaptor and an ST Mouse, but out of curiosity; where can you get the Jaguar PS2 Mouse interface? Looks like they are sold out in the AA store.   PM Albert to request or? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a code inside T2K that when activated will allow you to use rotary encoders for the game. You hook up the encoder to the left and right directions of the D-Pad to allow for the quadrature inputs. The game is pretty amazing with the right encoder setup.