IGNORED

Salutations

Mehridian Sanders

Hello all,

Making my way to the Atari 2600 forums as I have just acquired a 2600 Light Sixer which I am attempting to get operational. As my first console it holds a place in my heart. I'm very excited about making the Harmony cart.

I have created a power supply ( rated 9VDC @500mA - positive to tip - ground to base on a 3.5mm mono header) but I measured it out at 13.5 ish VDC. So might want to tone that down some.

I'm stuck at the moment waiting on some 2N3904's for the composite mod.

If any of you have made it this far in reading, are there recommended sites for guides? I know I have a lot of reading to do and I dont mind it.

Thoughts? Comments? Accusations?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, do not feed more than 12V MAX into it, it will kill the 7805 voltage regulator.
Thank you kindly, I will try out a 7v 500mA power supply tomorrow and see what that bad boy actually puts out. And will check the 7805 to make sure it wasn't blown out, before I got my hands on it.

Well the new supply feeds 12v precisely. Not ideal, I know, but I did get Raiders to boot. It was only on for about 4 mins. I checked the 7805 and not warm. Dunno if it will take longer or ?

Also have a second 6 switch I received (no plastic housing) the Switch plate is not working on that.

Gonna switch the plates and look inside the RF box.

2 minutes ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

I forgot how bad a game Raiders was.

I don't think it was bad. It was one of my favorites back in the day. It just requires the manual to play. The 2600 was the only computer in our house throughout the 80's, so our expectations weren't very high. It kept me entertained for hours, since I was really into Indiana Jones as a kid.

• Like 1

Well.... I must admit I played E.T. quite a bit. I watched that movie frequently and John William's score was ... amazing.

Combat, Joust, Haunted House, ahh. .. well I did play Raiders quite a bit.

I am happy that the "Retro Battle station" is coming along.

Strange thing about Raiders ... had to move the joystick to port 2 to get it to work. I have a Wico.

2 hours ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

Strange thing about Raiders ... had to move the joystick to port 2 to get it to work. I have a Wico.

You would need 2 controllers to play Raiders of the Lost Arc.  1 selects your item, the other controller move and uses item. 

Here's the manual if you are interested playing this game:
https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=394

• Like 1