IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Gold Medal Bracket

Vocelli

On 2/24/2020 at 10:21 PM, Jason_Atari said:

I have noticed certain players haven't played to their best (looking back at previous season results and scores) to avoid being in the gold medal bracket. These tournaments are just about trying to get your highest score and having a bit of fun. I would rather play to my absolute best and finish runner up in the gold medal bracket (like i did last year to oldmanG) than to play half assed so i can be in the silver or bronze medal bracket and win.

Or maybe we all have jobs, kids, families, and other responsibilities and we simply don't have the time to maximize our efforts every single week for a fun video game hobby...now matter how much we would want to.  I didn't even post a score a couple times this year simply because I was too busy.  This is a reality for all of us...and HSC is an awesome distraction from real life to have a little fun and act like a kid again.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, gbag said:

Zilch...how do you hookup your Atari to your HDTV?  I haven’t gotten that to work...even after feeding it through a vcr to make composite?

Hey, gbag! I use an RF to coax adapter. They are dirt cheap ... you can get one for US$3. In fact, I believe they sell them right here on AtariAge in their store.

1 minute ago, ZilchSr said:

Hey, gbag! I use an RF to coax adapter. They are dirt cheap ... you can get one for US$3. In fact, I believe they sell them right here on AtariAge in their store.

My vertical hold is all wonky when I just use the coax adapter...I guess it’s just my tv.  Do you have any special settings on for the Atari’s low signal.

3 hours ago, gbag said:

My vertical hold is all wonky when I just use the coax adapter...I guess it’s just my tv.  Do you have any special settings on for the Atari’s low signal.

No special settings. The first release of the 2600 ("Heavy-Sixer") had exceptional RF shielding, so if you used one even today, the signal would be very clear. Even the light sixer had at least "good" shielding. The subsequent 4-switchers like the Vader Black were produced with profoundly crappy shielding, which is why it's hard to find one that doesn't produce occasionally if not frequently produce a bunch of snow on the TV. None of this would explain vertical scrolling, though. I have observed that trying to use a PAL cart on an NTSC will sometimes produce scrolling,  but that is the only scenario in which scrolling has been an issue for me personally. 

Edited by ZilchSr

49 minutes ago, TRB_MetroidTeam said:

very busy week here.

I hope to play tomorrow

Meh ... take all the time you need. Makes no difference to me. I'll just keep doing this in the meantime.

Earth-shattering improvement.

Seaweed Assault: 4,502

111532586_SeaweedAssault-4502.thumb.jpg.79c09329156b74b84bd523b649bb0777.jpg

Betchya you can guess the score I'll be posting tomorrow. ;-)

3 hours ago, gbag said:

OldmanG... how’s it going??  You gonna crush my score or what?? 

I think this scenario might currently also apply to OldManG. As far as I am aware, he's been rather busy lately ... kind of like TRB Metroid.

Screenshot_20200308-112010_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, ZilchSr said:

I think this scenario might currently also apply to OldManG. As far as I am aware, he's been rather busy lately ... kind of like TRB Metroid.

Screenshot_20200308-112010_Chrome.jpg

I figured... that’s the reality for all of us.  I feel bad if he doesn’t have a chance to play...he is a great player and It would have been more fun to go back and forth with top scores...especially since OldmanG is arguably a much better Atari player...not to mention paddle games like kaboom!!!  For me it’s all about the fun of real competition and not winning.  Hope he is just busy with regular life... no health issues or anything serious.

-gbag

• Like 1