IGNORED

how to make physical TI disks

rietveld

19 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Is there a way to use a PC to make disks for my ti

Yes, although I haven't done it in a while...

You need a PC with a motherboard BIOS capable of using a 360kb DS/DD floppy drive. And "TI99-PC" software:

http://www.99er.net/download2/index.php?act=view&id=243

As a side note: I didn't use Omniflop for Windows, just did it in DOS.

I remember having to format the disk in a real TI PEB floppy drive first before I could successfully write disk images to it using TI99-PC.

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

Frankly it's easier to hook up a HDX server and make them in the TI. In the FAQ I link to the post walking though the steps.

If you have the xb27 cart it includes the software and is also available for the finalgrom

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I agree. Keeping around an old PC with the proper low density drive is cumbersome. I have installed in my PEB a second RS232 card dedicated to the HDX and all I have to do is plug in my USB to serial adapter into it connected to my laptop. The downside of HDX disk transfers is that they are quite slow. 

• Like 2

I use the "old school" method. I copy the files in a .dsk or other file to my USB 3.5" drive on my PC with a TIFILES header using either TI99Dir or TI Image Maker. Then, I take the physical PC-formatted disk and put it in my TI and transfer the contents to a TI-formatted disk (I have 3.5" disk drives in it as well) and copy between them using PC-TRANSFER. Despite what the docs say, it will handle 720K disks. A bit slower, but it works just fine.

• Like 2