IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 2 - Lock N Chase

[Intellivision HSC Season 12]

(Game 2)

Lock N Chase

Mattel-Lock-n-Chase.jpg

Lock N Chase by Mattel 1982

lock_n_chase.gif

A fast-action chase game as you maneuver your thief through the maze, picking up coins and other treasures.

ROM Download Link

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21542/intellivision/Lock-N-Chase-1982-Mattel.html

High Score Club Record

129,940 cparsley

Game Setting

PRESS DISC

Contest Ends
SUNDAY FEB 23RD 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 118,140 mr_me [+11]

2. 105,660 gezkc [+10]

3. 65,000 m-crew [+9]

4. 56,760 IntyFanMatt [+7]

5. 38,700 wolfy62 [+6]

6. 37,960 dpisacane [+5]

7. 37,360 fakecortex [+4]

8. 36,780 JacobZu7zu7 [+3]

9. 36,580 BiffMan [+2]

10. 35,460 hoosierdadee78 [+1]

11. 34,360 JasonlikesINTV [+1]

12. 15,280 S.BAZ [+1]

13. 9,220 roadrunner [+1]

14. 5,500 jblenke [+1]

15. 4,140 Intelligentleman [+1]

Rankings

1. BiffMan [+11]

2. Intellfan [+10]

3. wolfy62 [+9]

4. IntyFanMatt [+7]

5. JasonlikesINTV [+6]

6. gezk [+5]

7. m-crew [+4]

8. dpisicane [+3]

9. t0spmad [+2]

10. S.BAZ [+1]

11. JacobZu7zu7 [+1]

12. Mister-VCS [1]

13. jblenkle [+1]

Games Won

1 - BiffMan (Atlantis)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Wow, I have no idea what I'm doing in this game...  this is going to take some work.  LOL.  3 games and 8,380 is the best I've done.  It's a weird feeling remembering a game, but having no recollection of strategy.  ?

I am sure it will come back to you considering that you were a champ in the past!!

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I have a new rule for myself. 

Whatever game is chosen for each round,I have to read the instruction manual. ?

Ok, now I can start on round 2!

That's a great rule!  So many things can be forgotten, and I've noticed that I need to do the same thing.  Many of those classic manuals (which I love) contain tips that can be very helpful, plus they are fun to read as well.

• Like 2

If you're not familiar with the game the biggest points are scored by collecting every money bag.  If you miss one in any round you lose out on the biggest points.  The treasures increase point value each round but sometimes they go down low and not worth going after.  The instructions only tell you about the treasures in the first four rounds.  You get 100 points for locking and trapping cops, 300 if you get two at a time.  Having them out of the way is worth more than the points.

The instructions don't explain when the game gets harder.  I think the cops get faster twice in the game.  I think once at level eight/lamp and again at level 10/heart.  If someone knows more about this please post.

http://www.beeslife.com/intvlibrary/Games/Manuals/lock_n_chase/gallery.php

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

If you're not familiar with the game the biggest points are scored by collecting every money bag.  If you miss one in any round you lose out on the biggest points.  The treasures increase point value each round but sometimes they go down low and not worth going after.  The instructions only tell you about the treasures in the first four rounds.  You get 100 points for locking and trapping cops, 300 if you get two at a time.  Having them out of the way is worth more than the points.

The instructions don't explain when the game gets harder.  I think the cops get faster twice in the game.  I think once at level seven/lamp and again at level 10/heart.

http://www.beeslife.com/intvlibrary/Games/Manuals/lock_n_chase/gallery.php

Good stuff Mr Encyclopedia, I mean...Mr Me!!  ?

• Haha 1

I know this is an Inty classic, but I've always felt the game screen was too tight and restrictive for the player being chased by 4 "enemies".  It seems hard to move around in this game with any kind of freedom with the cops on top of you all the time.  Maybe there is a strategy I am missing, but this aspect frustrates me a bit.  Although I still enjoy playing it.  Anyone feel the same way or am I alone?

• Like 1

This has always been one of my favourite Intellivision games. There's definitely a knack to it but once you get it, it's the sort of game you never get bored of.

Here's my first attempt. Made some silly mistakes very early on, so I'm amazed I made it to the heart level!

DSC_1168.JPG

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, gezkc said:

This has always been one of my favourite Intellivision games. There's definitely a knack to it but once you get it, it's the sort of game you never get bored of.

Here's my first attempt. Made some silly mistakes very early on, so I'm amazed I made it to the heart level!

DSC_1168.JPG

Holy smokes, fantastic score!  No idea how you cope with the speed past lvl 7.  Are you going for survival, or trying to max points each level?

I just cannot wrap my brain around this game.  I don't seem to be improving even after 30+ games, keep dying quite stupidly.  Can't seem to find a groove with the police patterns, they seem to react almost randomly, so trying to trick them down one path or another is a mixed bag.  Not giving up yet, but I think that 60 million max score is safe for now.  ? 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, gezkc said:

DSC_1168.JPG

Wow, you are not too far from the club record!  You can get there with a little work!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Holy smokes, fantastic score!  No idea how you cope with the speed past lvl 7.  Are you going for survival, or trying to max points each level?

I just cannot wrap my brain around this game.  I don't seem to be improving even after 30+ games, keep dying quite stupidly.  Can't seem to find a groove with the police patterns, they seem to react almost randomly, so trying to trick them down one path or another is a mixed bag.  Not giving up yet, but I think that 60 million max score is safe for now.  ? 

Thanks. ?

I try to max points on every level. It actually makes it easier if you can get all the $ bonuses as it temporarily stuns the cops and gives you a bit of time to catch your breath and get away. 

The speed really ramps up once you get to the heart level (10). I've entered that level with 6 lives before and lost them all! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gezkc said:

DSC_1168.JPG

That's freakin' amazing!??

• Thanks 1

This is a good score for me,I am actually happy with it.

95,000? That's incredible! ?

This game is a little hard for me for some reason,I believe I just panic too much.

You gotta stay calm while playing or you make bad decisions!?

At least I enjoy it now more than I did 35 years ago,I vividly remember not liking this game because of how hard it is to make turns.

Practice,practice,practice...

20200211_164929.jpg

• Like 2

Probably the best score I’ve ever gotten on this game.  And man is it hard!!  I don’t know how anyone can get 95k or higher, that is insane!  The game is hard enough with a cramped screen and a character that doesn’t turn corners very well.  I don’t see myself getting any better than this...

46D61EF8-1237-41D6-A601-3A46C3F6644F.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

By the way, in the future I would vote for each game to be 1 week only instead of 2 weeks to keep the season moving much quicker.  It feels too slow to me to basically be playing only 2 games per month. So 1 game, 1 week would be 4 games per month. Much better in my opinion. 

Jacob what are your thoughts on that?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gezkc said:

Personally I'm happy with 2 games per month. I don't always get time to play the games enough - especially if it's a new one I've never tried before, so 2 weeks per game gives you more chance to try them out.

I'm happy either way though. ?

I see what you are saying but I just think it drags on too slowly.