IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 2 - Lock N Chase

33 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

More time to enjoy the current game and push for higher scores! 

Or more time to be frustrated with the current game if it's Lock N' Chase... ?

Lol. Honestly I think one full week with one game is enough time for either scenario. ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Lol. Honestly I think one full week with one game is enough time for either scenario. ?

True, but not everyone can start immediately in the first few days.  If I recall from the other thread, the main reason for the 2 weeks was to allow enough time for everyone to get in an attempt.  Silly life getting in the way of gaming time and such.  ? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

By the way, in the future I would vote for each game to be 1 week only instead of 2 weeks to keep the season moving much quicker.  It feels too slow to me to basically be playing only 2 games per month. So 1 game, 1 week would be 4 games per month. Much better in my opinion. 

Jacob what are your thoughts on that?

Hi, I went with 2 weeks, as most gamers here say they need time to play, apart from their job, families etc.

I do have my eye on the season though and a few ideas later.

5 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

True, but not everyone can start immediately in the first few days.  If I recall from the other thread, the main reason for the 2 weeks was to allow enough time for everyone to get in an attempt.  Silly life getting in the way of gaming time and such.  ? 

The key to your comment is "the first few days."  Even after the first few days of an entire week, there are still 4-5 days left in the week to play, including a whole weekend.  Not to sound too blunt, but I think if you can't find the time to play JUST ONE game in a whole week, then that's just too bad.  Move on to the next one.  I would rather keep the season moving than dragging on with only 2 games per month.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt

4 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Hi, I went with 2 weeks, as most gamers here say they need time to play, apart from their job, families etc.

I do have my eye on the season though and a few ideas later.

I know you went with 2 weeks, but my point is that it seems to drag on too long...in essence only playing 2 games per month.  Think about that...just 2 games in an entire month???  I think we can do more than that and speed it up a bit.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

lnc4.thumb.png.1c087a588586ac698b5b94ef44d3b88b.png

Great score!

I have no idea how you get a score like that.

The controls kill me,the maze is claustrophobic in its size and it's hard to avoid the bad guys.

I lock myself in too much.

Oh yeah,and if we go back to the format of last season that would be great!

• Like 1

With this game you have to make your moves well before you get to intersections, if you wait you'll miss turns.  I thought I had patterns memorised as a kid; can't remember now.  Once you get to level 10/heart the cops move way faster than you.  A near perfect game up to that point and you might end up with 130k points.  On twin galaxies they have scores over 200k.  Not sure how they did that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

With this game you have to make your moves well before you get to intersections, if you wait you'll miss turns.  I thought I had patterns memorised as a kid; can't remember now.  Once you get to level 10/heart the cops move way faster than you.  A near perfect game up to that point and you might end up with 130k points.  On twin galaxies they have scores over 200k.  Not sure how they did that.

That's what I meant to ask,if there was anything close to a pattern. 

The cops outsmart my little leprechaun too many times,then I feel dumb for falling for it and get frustrated!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

It can be pretty frustrating right?

Yeppers!  I totally admire the game for being "not-PacMan" but by the same token, I think I'm having trouble separating deeply-ingrained PacMan instincts from this game.  Cops reversing direction mid-path or not following you is just *wrong* on some hind-brain level for me.  ?

• Like 2

Two weeks only seems long when you dont enjoy the game plus some people have a busy schedule .I gives everyone a chance to succeed in games also you need two weeks to learn a game if you never had played. I still and always vote for two weeks a game and one game in those two weeks. It makes the playing field even that way. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Yeppers!  I totally admire the game for being "not-PacMan" but by the same token, I think I'm having trouble separating deeply-ingrained PacMan instincts from this game.  Cops reversing direction mid-path or not following you is just *wrong* on some hind-brain level for me.  ?

Totally agree! I feel the same way and it messes with my brain as well. The cops seem to be hard to escape sometimes and it’s maddening!  There’s probably some secret or memorization of patterns that will enable someone to reach that super high score, but I just have zero interest in getting that serious LOL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Two weeks only seems long when you dont enjoy the game plus some people have a busy schedule .I gives everyone a chance to succeed in games also you need two weeks to learn a game if you never had played. I still and always vote for two weeks a game and one game in those two weeks. It makes the playing field even that way. 

I think we could just go back to the way it was last season, that way we have a new game every week but still a two week time frame for each game.  Season wouldn’t drag on then. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

36 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I think we could just go back to the way it was last season, that way we have a new game every week but still a two week time frame for each game.  Season wouldn’t drag on then. 

I see what your saying and why but I still think it’s better two week intervals.  
But it’s up to everyone participating and the decision really Upton Jacob. 

• Like 1