IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 2 - Lock N Chase

Hey everyone, new here, been hangin' around some HSCs, thought I'd give this one a try. Never gave this game much attention before, but I'm really liking it. It's pretty difficult, especially the hit detection. My INTV has the stickler; I've never actually played on one with the regular disc :( For those using the disc, how's the control? I've always wondered if there's a big difference overall.

My current high is 31,420.

lnc-2-15-31k.thumb.JPG.d3ece1ea5c65e359f8763f435d609404.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

My INTV has the stickler; I've never actually played on one with the regular disc :( For those using the disc, how's the control? I've always wondered if there's a big difference overall.

I actually really like the disc, it feels smooth and comfortable to me.  I'm just used to it.  I would think the stickler would feel like the controller has very limited movement.  I would recommend trying just the disc, if you are able.  With Lock N Chase though, the character is hard to control anyway...it isn't always responsive enough.  But most games work great with the disc.

• Like 3

Agreed disc is usually better than a stickler or other mod.  Disc is basically like the smoothest d-pad you'll ever find.  No real downside other than some folks not liking the controller orientation, but preferred hand thumb on the disc and other hand holding the upper part of the controller is usually the comfiest.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Hey everyone, new here, been hangin' around some HSCs, thought I'd give this one a try. Never gave this game much attention before, but I'm really liking it. It's pretty difficult, especially the hit detection. My INTV has the stickler; I've never actually played on one with the regular disc :( For those using the disc, how's the control? I've always wondered if there's a big difference overall.

My current high is 31,420.

lnc-2-15-31k.thumb.JPG.d3ece1ea5c65e359f8763f435d609404.JPG

Welcome and congrats on a very solid score!  Kudos also for the excellent artsy lighting effect from the window!  ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I actually really like the disc, it feels smooth and comfortable to me.  I'm just used to it.  I would think the stickler would feel like the controller has very limited movement.  I would recommend trying just the disc, if you are able.  With Lock N Chase though, the character is hard to control anyway...it isn't always responsive enough.  But most games work great with the disc.

When I first got the INTV used (I wanna say late 90s?) it had the stickler and I was hoping that the disc was underneath, but alas, it has to be removed in order to put the stickler on. I've always felt like I've been missing out on the quintessential Intellivision experience by having a joystick, bummer. I see what you mean tho with LnC, it is hard to control. I've had similar trouble with BurgerTime and lining up with the ladders.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

When I first got the INTV used (I wanna say late 90s?) it had the stickler and I was hoping that the disc was underneath, but alas, it has to be removed in order to put the stickler on. I've always felt like I've been missing out on the quintessential Intellivision experience by having a joystick, bummer. I see what you mean tho with LnC, it is hard to control. I've had similar trouble with BurgerTime and lining up with the ladders.

Hate to say it, but I do think you are missing out on an authentic Intellivision experience.  Maybe you can pick up a used one for a good price on eBay.  Can’t hurt to have 2 Intys!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

The controls with intellivision burgertime are programmed much better than locknchase.  You don't hear people complaining about the controls with that cartridge.

Maybe one of the guys here has spare controller discs.  People do collect spare parts.

Edited by mr_me

27 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Always thought if I got another INTV it would be the second one, for variety haha. This makes me wish you could disconnect the controllers, but spare parts is a good suggestion. And fair point about burgertime, I remember it controlling better than the nes version actually lol.

Intellivision Burgertime is no doubt the best version of them all.  Controls are perfect for it too. The homebrew Super Chef BurgerTime is also amazing.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Always thought if I got another INTV it would be the second one, for variety haha. This makes me wish you could disconnect the controllers, but spare parts is a good suggestion. And fair point about burgertime, I remember it controlling better than the nes version actually lol.

From what a lot of people say,the Sears intellivision unit is better than an Intellivision  2 and both have removable therefore replaceable controllers.

I use an intellivision 2 with flashback controllers and extensions,but those are harder to find.

So basically,a Sears unit or another original intellivision are you best options.

And,welcome to the HSC the more the merrier here !!!?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Awesome!!!

I figured your or Mr_me would pass 100k,he was only 60 points shy.

M-crew are you still out there to take a shot at this?

Great scores you guys!??

Wolfy only had a chance to play once , been pretty busy lately to invest time in playing games. Trying to atleast play once and post a score.  Thanks for asking 

22 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Wolfy only had a chance to play once , been pretty busy lately to invest time in playing games. Trying to atleast play once and post a score.  Thanks for asking 

Glad to hear from you,

I hope all is well.

I have put about 3 hours into this game and I still suck,so I figure if you easily put up a 65k score if you put a little time into this game you can compete with the big dogs  scores here!?

• Like 1