IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 2 - Lock N Chase

On 2/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

I forgot it didn't end tonight, but here's my best so far:

659884487_IMG_20200216_2137432.thumb.jpg.4e6248032b888c99de58789248faa532.jpg

Ok, I'm not sure this score was legit.  I didn't reset after the initial game.  I pressed the disc, but I'm not sure it went back to the fastest (white for) mode.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I can't tell from my pic.  Is a reset required to play a second game on disc mode?

Edit:

Ok, if you immediately hit 1 after a game it switches to red mode, so if you're trying to select 1 player for the next game you'll reduce difficulty.  If you hit Enter after a game, then select 1 for # of players, you'll resume hard/white mode.  Still not sure if I was in white mode for my score, but it definitely doesn't look red.  It did seem a little too easy, so I still retract my score just to be safe.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Pic edited to void illegal score
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Ok, I'm not sure this score was legit.  I didn't reset after the initial game.  I pressed the disc, but I'm not sure it went back to the fastest (white for) mode.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I can't tell from my pic.  Is a reset required to play a second game on disc mode?

A reset isn't required- it works for me to press a side button or enter (manual says to press a side button). I don't think I've been able to start a new game by just pressing the disc tho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Edit:

Ok, if you immediately hit 1 after a game it switches to red mode, so if you're trying to select 1 player for the next game you'll reduce difficulty.  If you hit Enter after a game, then select 1 for # of players, you'll resume hard/white mode.  Still not sure if I was in white mode for my score, but it definitely doesn't look red.  It did seem a little too easy, so I still retract my score just to be safe.

Yes, you can tell by the position of the dot as well as color that's not white. Your other score is quite respectable though! 

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Yes, you can tell by the position of the dot as well as color that's not white. Your other score is quite respectable though! 

That explains a lot.  It was only my 2nd or 3rd game this season and very close to my party record from a few seasons back.  Seemed way too easy.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Reaching the half-way point,

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 102,440 gezkc

2. 99,940 mr_me

3. 65,000 m-crew

4. 36,580 BiffMan

5. 31,420 fakecortex

6. 30,760 IntyFanMatt

7. 24,900 wolfy62
8. 5,160 jblenke

Jacob can we start doing a new game every week (still 2 week intervals) starting this upcoming weekend?

Edited by IntyFanMatt

This game. This game is hard you guys. I'm having fun, but not able to top my high yet. I'm trying to get a good pattern going, but it's gonna take some more time. My instincts are to play it like pac-man, but I can't maneuver like that and get clipped by a cop. I keep wishing you could lock more than 2 gates at a time, but then I guess it wouldn't be so hard, would it, haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I totally understand the complaints about the two-week schedule. However, may I add my own perspective a little bit? I love the High Score Club, but I am very busy. As a result, I have only one chance to play Atlantis and o haven't had any chances yet to play Lock 'n' Chase (hoping to have a little time this weekend).

As it is now, I know I will get a chance to play each game at least once or twice. Switch to a new game every week, and I know that I will completely lose track of what is going on. That's just the experience of one working professional with no kids. I can't even imagine how anyone with a family could keep up with the pace of there is a new game each week.

All that said, you should do what the majority want, obviously. I was just really saddened that I essentially couldn't participate in the High Score Club last round, since the pace was so fast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, dpisacane said:

I totally understand the complaints about the two-week schedule. However, may I add my own perspective a little bit? I love the High Score Club, but I am very busy. As a result, I have only one chance to play Atlantis and o haven't had any chances yet to play Lock 'n' Chase (hoping to have a little time this weekend).

As it is now, I know I will get a chance to play each game at least once or twice. Switch to a new game every week, and I know that I will completely lose track of what is going on. That's just the experience of one working professional with no kids. I can't even imagine how anyone with a family could keep up with the pace of there is a new game each week.

All that said, you should do what the majority want, obviously. I was just really saddened that I essentially couldn't participate in the High Score Club last round, since the pace was so fast.

I think you may be misunderstanding.  The pace was essentially the same last season because each game did have a two week timeframe to play it.  We just switched to a new game each week but you still had a full two weeks to play each game. Now for this season, we are only switching to a new game every two weeks which has slowed the season to a dead crawl. I proposed that we go back to the way it was last season which seemed to be no problem everyone participating. I don’t recall any complaints about that. I have two kids and am a very busy family man myself, and had absolutely no issues with that schedule. I could see that it could be too fast if each game lasted only one week, but that wouldn’t be the case. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

I think you may be misunderstanding.  The pace was essentially the same last season because each game did have a two week timeframe to play it.  We just switched to a new game each week but you still had a full two weeks to play each game. Now for this season, we are only switching to a new game every two weeks which has slowed the season to a dead crawl. I proposed that we go back to the way it was last season which seemed to be no problem everyone participating. I have two kids and am a very busy family man myself, and had absolutely no issues with that schedule. I could see that it could be too fast if each game lasted only one week, but that wouldn’t be the case. 
No, I didn't understand at all. I actually pushed for this schedule because the schedule for past season was too fast for me. You don't really have two weeks per game, because if you are incredibly limited for time, you're only playing one game when you sit down. I remember that Bamse had the same complaint. The whole thing moved so quickly that I just couldn't keep up.

For me, two games going at the same time is just unmanageable. Two weeks per game, one game at a time, means I might get to play once or twice in that two-week span.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dpisacane said:

No, I didn't understand at all. I actually pushed for this schedule because the schedule for past season was too fast for me. You don't really have two weeks per game, because if you are incredibly limited for time, you're only playing one game when you sit down. I remember that Bamse had the same complaint. The whole thing moved so quickly that I just couldn't keep up.

For me, two games going at the same time is just unmanageable. Two weeks per game, one game at a time, means I might get to play once or twice in that two-week span.

Well then you must be incredibly busy all the time, day and night, because I had no problem with it whatsoever and I am always busy myself.  It sounded like you thought each game was only one week last season, that’s why I thought you might’ve misunderstood, so I’m sorry if that wasn’t the case.  I just think this season is way too slow as we are only playing two games per month. But I’m not in charge, it’s up to Jacob.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

2 hours ago, dpisacane said:

Good enough for me.  Seems the primary point of something like this is to encourage as much participation as possible.

51 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Good enough for me.  Seems the primary point of something like this is to encourage as much participation as possible.

We had great participation last season, and that was when we had a new game every week that would run for 2 week intervals.  I still think we should be doing it that way, but that's just me.  If people find it too hard to play more than 2 games per month, then that's fine...stick with it this way.

Edited by IntyFanMatt