IGNORED

Altirra & SIDE2 emulation using a SD card image

mr_gw454

Hello,

I have an 800XL with a U1MB and use it with an AVGCart via SIDE2 emulation and it works great.  I'd like to replicate this for use in Altirra.  Is it possible to just dump an image of the SD card and use that for Altirra?  I know Altirra has SIDE2 support, but not sure about using an existing SD card image with it.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Edited by mr_gw454

I've recently started using the SIDE2 emulation in Altirra and it works really well.

You have to create a virtual drive on the SIDE2 and can partiton it under Windows Disk Manager

then format the partitions in Altirra.

Maybe you could create an image of the SD card and use that as the Virtual drive, I've not tried that

but it may be possible. I'm sure someone here can tell you for definate

Hello,

I have an 800XL with a U1MB and use it with an AVGCart via SIDE2 emulation and it works great.  I'd like to replicate this for use in Altirra.  Is it possible to just dump an image of the SD card and use that for Altirra?  I know Altirra has SIDE2 support, but not sure about using an existing SD card image with it.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

I'm interested as well because I'd like to do the same with MyIde-][ emulation under Altirra. I see it seems supported as a device, but have never had luck figuring out how to get it to work right. What I'd like to do is be able to emulate MyIde-][ and read off of a compact flash memory card already set up and used on my real MyIde-][. It would seem it is probably a similar solution to set this up like you are requesting for SIDE2 emulation.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

I response to my earlier comments, I made a Virtual Drive under Windows, took a 1Gb CF Card I had formatted with many partitions

on my 130XE with Side2. 

Backed the card up using EasUS ToDo Backup, once backed up, I recovered the backup to the Virtual Drive

and mounted it in Altirra and could see all the partitions.

I then copied some files to to the mounted VD, unmounted it and backed it up and then recoved to the CF card, back to my 130XE

booted and the copied files were on the drive.

So you can make an image of a real CF card and mount it under Altirra if you need to keed things in Sync.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

I response to my earlier comments, I made a Virtual Drive under Windows, took a 1Gb CF Card I had formatted with many partitions

on my 130XE with Side2. 

Backed the card up using EasUS ToDo Backup, once backed up, I recovered the backup to the Virtual Drive

and mounted it in Altirra and could see all the partitions.

I then copied some files to to the mounted VD, unmounted it and backed it up and then recoved to the CF card, back to my 130XE

booted and the copied files were on the drive.

So you can make an image of a real CF card and mount it under Altirra if you need to keed things in Sync.

I appreciate you looking into this and great to hear an existing image can actually be used.  I will be trying this myself soon.

Thank you!