IGNORED

Pooyan XEGS "prototype"

Wilheim

Hi, all!

Reading by chance the topic about cartridge label, I noticed that there was a Pooyan XEGS prototype not released. Thanks to @Mr Robot kindly designed a lot of labels to share with us, and saw the Pooyan label.

To honor that, I decided to make a ROM "prototype", as if it were programmed back then. To be honest, it wasn't that difficult. Just to rip an XEX version that works with 32 kb RAM and put some basic macros on there (thanks, @NRV).

I just made it for fun. Attached is the ROM image, as well as the source code I made to create it.

I think it would be nice to make a reproduction cart of this games, using a XEGS cartridge pcb, @Sikor's cartridge case and @Mr Robot's label.

I have some XEGS cartridges reproductions PCBs, if anyone is interested, so you don't have to sacrifice an original one.

Best regards!

Pooyan XEGS.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'm still waiting for some of the other* protos with labels on that site to surface, either rom images or carts for purchase from Video61 like Xenophobe, Commando and others. Thank you very much for the Pooyan image @Wilheim

*Ikari Warriors, Ninja Golf, etc.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Hmmmm,

Bruce Lee was by Datasoft, the so-called cartridge prototype was by Nir Dary.

(Examine the ROM from Best or B & C and you will find it's a Nir Dary type.)

Pooyan was by Datasoft, would not be surprised if the cart. prototype was also by Nir Dary.

(At least the cart. version I have at home was made by him somewhere between 1996 and 2004.)

But I love Nir Dary carts., especially if they are so well made like the Time Pilot cart. and other carts.

Hey Nir, do you have some copies left for me ?!?

3 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hmmmm,

Bruce Lee was by Datasoft, the so-called cartridge prototype was by Nir Dary.

(Examine the ROM from Best or B & C and you will find it's a Nir Dary type.)

Pooyan was by Datasoft, would not be surprised if the cart. prototype was also by Nir Dary.

(At least the cart. version I have at home was made by him somewhere between 1996 and 2004.)

But I love Nir Dary carts., especially if they are so well made like the Time Pilot cart. and other carts.

Hey Nir, do you have some copies left for me ?!?

I don’t know if @ndary made a prototype. This rom image was done from scratch from a XEX file. If Nir did an image himself, I’m not aware of it.

Hi Andreas..

Next time I will come to Abbuc meeting I will bring you a TIME PILOT cartridge

20 Years ago I converted bunch of games to XEGS cartridge format, Bruce Lee, Tapper, Pooyan, Blue Max 2001, Cavernia, Who dares wins II, Cohens Towers, Ghost Chaser, Swat, Vanguard... and many more.. all using same technique for copying the game date from the cartridge banks to RAM and executing the game... 

you can probably google them and find the rom images in one of the archivers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1