IGNORED

Games Carousel

Donny Swanny

My home-made carousel for my Colecovision games!

Old 8-Track carousel off of eBay, modded to hold 24 games — I’m still re-collecting, this will house all my OG Colecovision games and the Homebrew will go back in their boxes with the protective casing.

The 4 colors are taken from the SAC trigger buttons, custom decals of the old-school arcade logo... painted over the wood plastic and then sealed with Mod Podge.  The slots had to be resized to hold the games just right.

09BB8143-A19A-4A27-A27F-94545446ADF1.jpeg

3322908B-60DF-48FE-95E8-6C9AA337EE41.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Yurkie said:

I really like your holder a lot! Very nice work. 6 Stacked would hold the whole original library of US titles. How did you size mod the slots?

I got help from people more skilled than me!

I was having a really hard time finding a way to store games when I rebought a system last summer.  I had a 12 slot case as a kid and couldn’t find anything I liked on eBay or Etsy, but I came across 8-Track options when I was searching.  They’re originally just a little too wide and too deep.  I’m a teacher, so the wood shop teacher put a false back in and closed up the bottom of the tray slots to hold the games; painted everything black.  The art teacher painted the SAC colors and I gave the logo to a former student who re-rendered it to specifications for Sticker Mule.  I touched it  up with a black paint sharpie and coated it after putting the decals on.  Once I get all 24 games I’m going after I’ll track down labels, get high quality prints and protect them with wide packing tape trimmed with an exto-knife and all the missing overlays as well.

Beyond that I think I’ll get the SD Multi-Cart and Steering Wheel & Roller Controller and call it good aside from the occasional homebrew that catches my attention.

More than you asked for, but I hope that answers it for you!

Edited by Donny Swanny
Correction

• 2 weeks later...