IGNORED

Random pic - Unfinished Crap

CPUWIZ

I don't know what it is...but can id a few components.

And I'm trying to wrap my head around why in the world you would need an old RTC chip on a 7800 board? Also I've not seen the USB to HDMI adapter connected used anywhere else accept on CC pinpads that I support and install so...that is also curious. So I have to guess that all of these components work together along with the RTC he has built on the 7800 board?

The second pic I'm guessing is some augmented reality type thing...?

2 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Well, the 512K NVRAM chip does have a RTC in it, but it is not used.  There is nothing HDMI about it, what you see as HDMI is the micro USB extension, I built.

I didn't mean it was HDMI...I just meant it looks like it is using an HDMI connector on one end and USB on the other. We actually do have and use cables exactly like this on point of sale credit card pinpad devices. Not a typical cable to be sure, but they do exist.

But yes, now that I look at it better here at home, I can see it is much too small to be an HDMI connector.

Crap, I forgot to include the joystick cable, at least some of you should recognize that purple board.

That combo, if you have it, is backwards compatible with this "MCP add-on", as well as the cart itself.  They just need re-flashing. ;)

I mostly just wanted to prove a point and made it for myself, still a bunch of code to write.  Maybe I'll route a proper PCB for it.  Maybe not. :P

EDIT:

1.) One man operation, for hardware and software, like KH.

2.) Own money on R&D.

3.) Limited time between RL, babysitting a bunch of adults on a forum and working 10 hours a day.

4.) Many processors involved, because I want something I know will run on EVERY 7800, without a hitch.

5.) No profit.

6.) No underpant gnomes.  But the sock gnomes are out in force!

• Like 7