IGNORED

usinng a Pc to make adam disks

rietveld

If you have a 5 1/4” FDD (360K as 1.2Mb might not work) on that PC, you could boot to DOS and use a number of different programs to transfer files or disk images as well as format Adam disks.

DCOPY

WRDisk by Marcel de Kogel

The Adam Connection (eos.exe) by David White

22Disk by Sydex (CP/M files)

You could also try Adam Image Manager v1.1.1 by Eric Pearson on a modern PC to work with files and disk images and then copy to an SD Card for use on the ADE Lite that you own.

25 minutes ago, NIAD said:

If you have a 5 1/4” FDD (360K as 1.2Mb might not work) on that PC, you could boot to DOS and use a number of different programs to transfer files or disk images as well as format Adam disks.

DCOPY

WRDisk by Marcel de Kogel

The Adam Connection (eos.exe) by David White

22Disk by Sydex (CP/M files)

You could also try Adam Image Manager v1.1.1 by Eric Pearson on a modern PC to work with files and disk images and then copy to an SD Card for use on the ADE Lite that you own.

My disk drive is reading all of the disks I made but it will No longer format blank disks so I can't write anymore.   I wanted to try to format a few blanks onn my old pc then see if I can write to them.  

When I try to format the physical disk in the adam drive I keep getting a write protect error even though the disk is new out of the box 

Will the disk drive write to an already formatted disk? For instance, save a SmartWriter document.

if it will not write to an existing Adam formatted disk, it could be the photo-electric cell has gone bad. It is located on the left guide track where the write protect notch on the disk lines up when inserted. My first ever disk drive experienced this issue and I removed the LED?? (light) on the top of the track and would shine a flashlight down the small hole to the light sensor at the bottom of the track guide in order to write to disks. Basically my disk drive thought every disk that I inserted has a write protect sticker on it.

The other possibility is the alignment is off and you need to adjust the Variable Capacitor while booting Disk Manager. Search for a thread in this forum named Adam Maintenance. I think it was #3 where I detail this procedure.

if neither of the above work, it’s no easy fix and these drives were modified to 5 1/4” 320K or 3 1/2” 720K back in the day.