IGNORED

C64 Ms. Pac-Man Bounty

Marco1019

During my most recent episode of my show, Retro With Marco, I announced a bounty for C64 Ms. Pac-Man. It’s one that was in the works but was delayed due to non-gaming stuff. Anyway, I pasted the rules on Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/kRHwDdkX

While I announced this earlier tonight & wrote this in the link above, I’ll say it again: Please contact me with any questions you may have, along with any details I may have missed.

Also, I’ve since adjusted the start time to midnight ET, so late night runs starting tonight will be eligible for the bounty. Good luck to all gamers!

7 hours ago, carlsson said:

Ok, so this is a "beat my highscore" challenge with prize money to whoever succeeds. I'll admit I have never seen that before, only regular High Score competitions. To me, bounty means fixing a bug or adding a feature but I suppose you could set up bounties for just about anything.

Thank you for your reply! I must admit that I was unaware that the word "bounty" also had that connotation. Perhaps "reward" would eliminate confusion? I'm open to your suggestions.

I've seen several bounties for both scoring and speedrunning recently, including one for River Raid (2600; max-out the game in under 3 hours & 15 minutes), Zoo Keeper (MAME, beat certain scores) and even Super Mario 64 (Beat the All Signs category on Speedrun.com in 26:2x).

No idea. If that is what others call it, you can as well. I suppose the origin would be someone who captures fugitives or criminals for a bounty, which rhymes well with fixing bugs.

Anyway, is the $75 for the first person breaking 75,000 points and $100 to the person who breaks your personal record by the largest amount? While it probably is a difficult game, it isn't obvious if you'll hand out $75 to everyone reaching the first milestone.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, carlsson said:

No idea. If that is what others call it, you can as well. I suppose the origin would be someone who captures fugitives or criminals for a bounty, which rhymes well with fixing bugs.

Anyway, is the $75 for the first person breaking 75,000 points and $100 to the person who breaks your personal record by the largest amount? While it probably is a difficult game, it isn't obvious if you'll hand out $75 to everyone reaching the first milestone.

I learned something new today. Thanks, @carlsson!

And yes, the reward goes to the first gamer to break 75,000 points and to the first gamer who beats my PB. So one gamer could collect $175 USD if they beat my PB in one run.