IGNORED

Local shop hires contractor to Test Carts

Mehridian Sanders

..thinking of that
... are there carts that dont have dumps? I can keep an eye peeled. Lemme know I will make a spreadsheet of what I get.

Also, since I don't know, and it's 5 AM, what's the preferred method for gathering dumps? I simply don't have web scouring time at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chasing down rumors can become quite time consuming, but heck, can't hurt to try to remember one more datum on existing bugs.

I didn't read every single title you have, but it's doubtful you'll find anything that isn't dumped yet. Maybe more likely if you can find uncommon variations on the cart and/or packaging. There are people who collect prototypes and rom versions, too.

On the other hand, lot's of fun sitting on that table of yours there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, toiletunes said:

There is a rumor of an undumped Burgertime with improved collision detection, in the regular game sprites can sometimes kill you from certain  lower platforms because they're too tall.

I read that also in an interview with the main programmer (so the source is quite good) a few years ago.

The new cartridge has an "easy/hard" switch. (ie: hard is like the old version, easy is the fixed game).

They sold the new cartridge as an "enhanced" one, not as a "fixed" one, because they feared of a costly legal recall of all the old ones. By not saying "fixed", they don't recognize that the old one was buggy.

(That's what I can remember of the interview).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fiddlepaddle said:

I didn't read every single title you have, but it's doubtful you'll find anything that isn't dumped yet.

I can remember something about Activision's Bridge: the first batch of cartridges has a crashing bug, but only the new cartridge has been dumped. (The old one is very very rare and impossible to guess from the new one). (I'll check this rumor again; I'm sure I've read it in a programmer's interview).

On 2/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, Rastignac said:

I can remember something about Activision's Bridge: the first batch of cartridges has a crashing bug, but only the new cartridge has been dumped. (The old one is very very rare and impossible to guess from the new one). (I'll check this rumor again; I'm sure I've read it in a programmer's interview).

The old one was dumped AFAIK.

8)

2 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

The old one was dumped AFAIK.

8)

There was a bugged version that was dumped. However, I could not make it bid 8 spades. So if there is a version that does, than it has not yet been dumped.

The Burgertime information is interesting. I'm not sure if I knew this before and just forgot. In any case anyone have a link to the interview? Also this could be on a lot of Burgertime carts, but might have a better chance if it is a white label Burgertime cart.

12 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

The Burgertime information is interesting. I'm not sure if I knew this before and just forgot. In any case anyone have a link to the interview? Also this could be on a lot of Burgertime carts, but might have a better chance if it is a white label Burgertime cart.

The information is written here too: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-burgertime_7241.html

<< Two different versions of this game exist. Later production runs added a choice of difficulty levels using the TV Type switch and fixed a bug that was in the first version. >>

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's hard to test out 2600 carts & systems since there's no A/V cables or power lights, that's why one used game store owner told me that's why they won't sell or buy them (they're out of business of course...).

• Like 1