IGNORED

Fight Stick help: where's Shoryuken.com Forums

tripletopper

Hello I got my joystick in the mail from my joystick maker.

supposedly it works for the Sega Genesis 3 button 6 button and all systems that work with the paradise arcade cthulhu.  however it's kind of hard to test it when the Cthulhu and the to Genesis pcbs are naked.

Now between everything it's an over $500 prototype,. And I was afraid to touch it, when I saw the naked pcbs.  I don't know if it takes very little forced to yank wire off or if my hand goes through it while it's running if I get an electric shock.  I don't need to actively work with the PCB anymore so I would like to see what up in a way that is weatherproof,damage proof, has the cords which my joystick system hooks up in an easily accessible position.

I thought I asked my guy to put them in boxes and apparently he didn't.

Normally I go to shoryuken.com forums, but I'm getting errors when I go to the forum page. and they see new stories of the forms being moved in 2018. I was able to use it in December 2019.

so could someone either tell me how to get to show you can forms when it's probably more experts on fightsticks specifically,. But I am aware that there are enough electrically engineering minded people an Atari age you do some weird stuff that actually works, and idea wise I might be considered one of them but have no knowledge of how to physically build it myself.  I know there are Jaguar spinners available, 5200 joystick alternatives, and other peripheral hacks, so this might be just as good too.

so I got three naked pcbs and I'm unsure of a way to safely use them without risking damaging either the joystick the PCB on my house. I understand if I'm real Ginger with them I could play them in theory, but I know I'm klutzy enough where I could accidentally ruin something without knowing it.  I'm trying to protect it against myself.

First of all this is a prototype so I don't need a specifically made box for this. If I could cannibalize a metal box a plastic box a cardboard box whatever and make it work with it that would work well to.

The main questions are which materials are good to use with joystick PCBs, how do I prevent the PCB from rattling while in the Box, ( and rattling increases the chances of disconnected wires or scratch pcbs,) and basically I don't have any special tools to cut the holes.  Just a knife scissors and other household tools.

once I close these pcbs that it should be pretty safe for me to use them with the joystick system.  by the way I would broadcasting on Twitch but that's another issue that I'm going to post a few minutes.