IGNORED

Back to the Future screenplay

whaledriver

So I was watching a youtube video about the making of Back To The Future.  They talk about writing the first version of the screenplay for the movie.  The picture they show while talking about writing the screenplay has Bob Gale using a word processor.  Its hard to tell but that sure looks like an Atari XE computer.  That would be a pretty cool bit of history if the screen play for one of the most iconic movies made was written on an Atari.

What do you guys think?

Here is the video.  

The picture is at 3:56

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 9.29.04 PM.png

Edited by whaledriver
  • Like 1

1985. It is an XE, that was established for sure in the previous thread about it. I also owned one for 20 years and can verify, even from that poor picture that it is an XE.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 5:24 PM, Gunstar said:

Yep, he used an 800 for many things, but moved on to a 130XE with iNdus and and hp printer for Back to the future. Catch some more pictures of it soon on reelz channel Back To The Future: Behind closed doors...

As if by coincidence I recently watched some Minty Comedic Arts YT docs on BTTF.   I don't think there's any mention of sight of Ataris though, but having watched numerous movie related docos it's pretty common for novel to screenplay to script amendments to take place at all stages, even during the final edit (Star Wars original being a classic example, and there's a YT video on that worth looking up)

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1