IGNORED

Mame 0.218 and the TI99 4a rom not working

crashdogy

Hello, Trying to play tunnels of doom but cassette file not loading no data found "cs1", and I cant get ti99 4a rom to work, even thou it shows green and working but when I try to use it said missing roms or chds under mame. All the other games play but under the ti99 4. I all so try the cassettes and dsk with classic 99 and all works. any help would be great thanks.

Edited by crashdogy

First note that we also have the disks for TOD. Listening 200 seconds to a tape load is, well, a bit special. (I already thought about using a TI BASIC program as a phone ringtone.)

But it works with tape as well, I just checked that.

On WHTech we have two cassette files, Pennies&Prices and Quest of the King (see /Cassettes/Tunnels_Of_Doom). If you launch MAME by command line, write

mame64 ti99_4a -cart tundoom -cass1 Tunnels_Of_Doom_Pennies_and_Prices.wav

If you use the On-Screen Display in MAME, open it (using TAB in partial mode), go to File Manager, go to Cassette 1, navigate to the folder where this wav file is located. When you select it, it immediately starts running (at least it did for me), and you hear the cassette data.

The tape also starts running with the command line version. You should see a tape progress indicator at the upper edge of the screen when the tape is playing. If you see it, but you do not hear any sound, use the OSD to tune up the cassette volume. Go to "Slider controls" and raise the "cass_out" volume (if it is 0).

Go into the OSD, Tape control, and select stop.

Then continue with TOD loading as intended.

I do use mame on screen display. Not sure what your saying here "using TAB in partial mode), go to File Manager',  do  I do this after I launch mame.exe do I need to go to ti99 4a first ?  go to File Manager in windows or mame  " ? OSD, Tape control not sure I know where this is ?

Edited by crashdogy

where should files, be in mame I know under romes but can they be in there own folder or do they need to be in with the bios? if I select the ti99 4a and hit tab I see a input this machine but when I click it there's nothing there not sure if that's what you where talking about.   

Edited by crashdogy

Ok, so apparently not all keyboards and mame like to play nice !  "Partial keyboard mode by pressing Schlock". My keyboard Logitech K360 you need to use FN key and PgDn key to turn Schlock on, and off but that still didn't work for me.  So then I selected TI99 4A had to alt tab which got me to general interface menu. I then went to user interface  and change from Schlock it to delete, and now I can use Tab to change keyboard emulator to load cassettes. the is working now.   

Just have one last thing is there a way to load the TOD.dsk  in the same way I did the cassette ?

Thanks you for all your help !!

Edited by crashdogy

Ok, so apparently not all keyboards and mame like to play nice "Partial keyboard mode by pressing Schlock". My keyboard Logitech K360 you need to use FN key and PgDn key to turn Schlock on, and off but that still didn't work for me.  So then I selected TI99 4A had to alt tab which got me to general interface menu. I then went to user interface  and change from Schlock it to delete, and now I can use Tab to change keyboard emulator to load cassettes. the is working now.   

Just have one last thing is there a way to load the TOD.dsk  in the same way I did the cassette and is there any way to keep cassette load for next time I play?

Thanks you for all your help !!

If you do not want to spend another 200 secs for loading, you could save the emulator state after loading from cassette. You can then restore whenever you like. State save/restore is somewhere around F5, 6, or 7 in partial mode; I am not sure. I'm currently not near my PC, but I will check later.

Just checked: Load the tape as described, then change to partial mode and press Shift-F7. You have some slots where you can save the machine state. Next time, when you start the emulation, you don't need the cassette but load that state via F7.

I put the disks on WHTech under /Diskettes/Cartridge_Disks/Tunnels_of_Doom.

States are not auto-saved, only when you press Shift-F7.

You can insert the disk in the OSD, File manager. You need a floppy controller, though. And this one also needs the Peripheral Expansion Box.

If you start by command line (which I actually *always* recommend, not only for Linux users), run this command:

mame64 ti99_4a -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot8 hfdc -flop1 Tunnels_Of_Doom_Disk_1.dsk -cart tundoom

(save it as a batch file)

When you start Tunnels of Doom, select "Disk 1" and enter a file name, like "PENNIES". To view all file names on the disk, go into TI BASIC, enter CALL DIR(1).

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 2:28 PM, mizapf said:

States are not auto-saved, only when you press Shift-F7.

In the mame folder open mame.ini theres a setting autosave I change my to 0 it was 1 it works now. Otherwise it just saved game at all different points.

CORE STATE/PLAYBACK OPTIONS
#
state                    
autosave                  0
rewind                     0
rewind_capacity       100
playback                 
record                   
record_timecode       0
exit_after_playback   0
mngwrite                 
aviwrite