IGNORED

SIC! +

St(r)yker

this is early adoption of cartridge case Sikor made - regardless of failing to provide basic documentation about them

fortunatly Curt Vendel came to the rescue with original docs, and LaResistance delivered psychical cases for me to test fit pcb

"wywal to" means "remove this" and i was reffereing to certain features this case has - pretty much waste of space, but hey - at least it is avaliable

this was done as non profit project, as previous sic! cartridge was

one can build it by oneselve, but this is not an open source project, regardles of the fact that all production files will be released into PD

• Like 3

22 hours ago, candle said:

thank god noone from tristesse wasn't involved

Right. Private joke for people understanding French but google translate is here for others

I understand that LaResistance (should be La Résistance in good French) is the idea that

- the 8bit resists against all the new computers/game console/smart phone.

- the programming is very close to hardware where each single byte is important compared to Windows program needing at least 100MB to do something useful.

- the computer is still fun after 40 years and we (including you of course) can still deliver value and innovation on this small platform.

Feel free to contribute to this list if I missed something!

BTW, do you speak French (even a little)?

• Like 1

Non, je ne parle pas français. J'avais les bases de la langue au lycée, mais c'était il y a longtemps ...

Unfortunately - second sentence i must translate by google, i don't remember many words. I admire the numerals in French - for example, 1936, if I remember correctly 1000 + 9 * 100 +36?

Edited by Sikor

16 minutes ago, Sikor said:

Non, je ne parle pas français. J'avais les bases de la langue au lycée, mais c'était il y a longtemps ...

Unfortunately - second sentence i must translate by google, i don't remember many words. I admire the numerals in French - for example, 1936, if I remember correctly 1000 + 9 * 100 +36?

Completely Off Topic: 

That completely is my feeling. I had french in school many moons ago for one semester only, but I struggled with the numbers from the beginning on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am sorry if I make this thread derail.

But that is what makes this forum so cool.

You learn day after day some small details on other guys.

50 minutes ago, Sikor said:

This is absolutely perfect.

So I understand that this is just humility.

32 minutes ago, skr said:

Completely Off Topic

Believe me if I tell you I had problem breathing while watching this video as I was so laughing with no break!

Thank you very much for this very funny video.

But I guess it is more funny for French people.

Back to the topic.

Thank you to all of you for bringing new hardware/software years after years.

Edited by ebiguy

We are actually quite a few French nationals on those boards. Ebiguy, myself, Atari Frog, Fantomas, Rhod, Marsupilami, Atarimania and I imagine a few more in the 2600 forum as well as the console was a hit in my home country. There's also a brand new French speaking forum devoted to the Atari 8-bit platform on facebook. It's headed by Jean-Marc Lebourg of Funlight Software who coded Danse Macabre for the A8 in the eighties (only as a prototype, the program didn't come out).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/957320864626817/

BTW- For the curious, there's plenty of French software on the A8, it's not just well known.

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-p_total-page-step-country_155-1-200-7_8_G.html

The special edition (1995) of FREE is a standout: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-free-funny-risky-evil-escape_26018.html

Edited by abbotkinneydude
Added Atarimania
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi abbotkinneydude,

Happy to read you.

4 hours ago, abbotkinneydude said:

We are actually quite a few French nationals on those boards. Ebiguy, myself, Atari Frog, Fantomas, Rhod, Marsupilami, Atarimania

I have created a new thread so we can discuss that without disturbing this topic.

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 4:11 AM, ebiguy said:

Hi abbotkinneydude,

Happy to read you.

I have created a new thread so we can discuss that without disturbing this topic.

It appears things derailed so long topic died, please resurrect talk of new larger SIC!