IGNORED

Playfield Variables

EvoMikeUK

9 hours ago, Karl G said:

Does your game use playfield scrolling at any point? If not,you can use the four variables from the invisible row used to assist with scrolling: var44 - var47. 

Hi Karl,

If I use Superchip RAM, 64kbSC, my TextBank on your Kernel becomes seriously overfilled. Do you have any ideas why this would affect the TextKernel? Thanks

1 minute ago, EvoMikeUK said:

If I use Superchip RAM, 64kbSC, my TextBank on your Kernel becomes seriously overfilled. Do you have any ideas why this would affect the TextKernel? Thanks

Yeah, using SuperChip RAM means that have to give up 256 bytes of space in each bank. If you have any banks with less than 256 bytes free, you will have to pare it down, or move stuff around. It would be a shame to have to do that just for lack of one variable.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EvoMikeUK said:

Also, reusing the variable statusbarlength seems to interfere with the textkernel, is this used by the kernel? Thank you again.

Yes, statusbarlength aka aux6 is used by the minikernel.  However, I don't use any of the pfscore variables, and it doesn't look like your game uses pfscore bars, either. If you aren't using them already, try using pfscore1, pfscore2, and pfscorecolor.

• Thanks 1