IGNORED

Trouble getting SIO2SD to work

KLund1

I finally got an SIO2SD. This is my first time using it. I usually use my Ultimate Cart, but need to run an ATR today, and thought I should give this unit a test drive.

All I have is a 64GB micro SD in an SD adapter. This is a cheap Chinese card. I figured out how to format it in FAT32, 1K allocations from exfat. I copied the root files/Dir from Lotherick's site. Connect it. I get No Partition on the units screen. Oh, 32 in 1 OS set to XL/XE

Looked for some help from google not nothing useful.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Maybe the SD card is too big? I mean it is sdhc. Not sure, but it's an easy thing to try :  get an old sd card not HC, like 1 or 2GB and try again.

At least for updating the firmware, I remember I got problems with some high capacities cards. 

PS. if you are in US you can get very cheap small capacity cards in Gamestop

exFat is way different from FAT32 and probably not supported.

Normally FAT32 can't be formatted to more than 32 Gig in Windows.  You could try partitioning it.

Also there's the SDXC standard that came later on in the life of SD cards, not sure if SIO2SD supports that either.

Which could be problematic since it's pretty hard these days to find low capacity SD cards.

You can format cards bigger than 32GB as FAT32 using a Windows GUI version of fat32format. You can get it at the link I've attached.

That still doesn't mean your SIO2SD will work with cards that large though. I have no idea what the size limitation is for those devices.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

• 2 weeks later...