IGNORED

Rescue on Fractalus PC/Mac remake.....

griff3125

Might be old news but I've not seen it mentioned here,

this is a fantastic fan remake of Fractalus / Behind Jaggi Lines for the PC and Mac.

It's been in development for a long time by one person, and the latest version, 0.9, looks and plays fantastic. 

For an beta version, it's 100% playable and maintains the feel of the original.

(might add that the original developer's also contributed to help)

https://www.lsdwa.com/

Nope, no affiliation here, it's just one of my all time favorite games.

Enjoy!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

That is pretty incredible looking! I also really like the Jaguar remake "Fallen Angels." Not nearly as up to date as Fractalus, but still also an incredible update for the 27-year-old console, and it fits since it's an Atari console. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh_39WlffcA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks good, surprised we took so long to discover it.

What'd be nice is the option for extra features like different alien ships, ground based mobile guys that shoot at you, and make the space docking sequence manual where you have to locate the ship and steer into the bay.

Though it's been going a long time and seems to have had a pause of some years between releases.

• Like 1

First of all, this is really great. It is always cool when people get inspired by some classic and make a complete remake. Very nice. 

On thing though... the planet is called Fractalus by a reason, and I must say... the mountains do not look like fractals anymore, while they do in the a8 version. Perhaps that is something for version 1.0? Or am I thinking too far now?

• Like 1

The terrain looks much more realistic.
But that introduces a problem - watch the guys approach the ship, regardless if going up or down a hill they're always standing vertically.

Though getting the animation right for that sort of thing would be pretty hard, even modern commercial titles struggle with it.

• Like 1

I like it the way it is, its a great mix of improved yet like the Atari, yes I'd love all the suggested bits but it one guy doing a PD thing so we can't expect 100% time devotion :)

The alien is an essential item and he's coming, so that is brilliant, I've let the author know we are loving his work here and invited him so hopefully he will have a look in and comment on stuff.

Who knows what holds for this wonderful update but its sure made us lot very happy!

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...