IGNORED

good thread / site for lynx multiplayer meetups?

unoclay

D'oh!  I dont think I'll be at either of these. I'd like to attend Midwest gaming classic in WI sometime, but thats a firm 12 hours or more from Philly, so i guess not. 

If anyone reading this is from the Philly region and wants to meet up sometime, i could host, drop me a line!

• 2 weeks later...

If money is no object you might get yourself another lynx and compatible games so you can do comlynx sessions with local people who do not have a lynx themselves.  I think you'll find that to be a little easier than finding people locally who have the necessary equipment. 

Incidentally I live in Massachusetts and have a lynx and various compatible games but no comlynx cable.  Philly and NY are kinda far but I'd drive 2 or so hours on a special occasion to comlynx if there's anyone in that radius.

Edited by sirlynxalot

With the exception of Battlezone 2000, I've got all the copies for all the multiplayer games.  I also have 5 Lynx units currently, 4 of which are suitable for a multiplayer session.  One unit I think has no sound, and another has a broken Option 2 button, making games like Slime World unplayable.  I haven't modded any of them nor done any repairs yet.

The cartridge slot tends to be touchy, along with the Power jack.  In an actual multiplayer session, I would provide all the AA batteries needed for backup power, but keep all the units plugged in.  The 4-player sessions I've had so far were successful.

I agree that it's best to have everything you need yourself.  I do encourage everybody to bring their own Lynx unit who has one though.

I love the idea of simply buying myself 2 lynx and games. But then the problem becomes getting the screen modification too--so we're looking at hundreds of dollars (!) for a likely couple hours of slimeworld etc before my victims (er friends) get bored and we end up playing Smash bros anyway  ;']

I guess there isnt a database on this forum of where everyone lives?  That would be the way, i can imagine, to get it going--i.e. messaging people in your area and planning something.  

One spot near me is the Too Many Games festival (a medium sized con, not EPIC huge but not small either) that happens every June just outside of Philly.  Id be glad to have an afternoon meetup this June if anyone plans to come down.  

I remember there was a database a long time ago back in the Usenet days, but I think it was just on a fansite.  That would be great if somebody put a database together.

I'm planning on going to RetroGameCon in October, which is in Syracuse, NY.  Maybe I'll go to TMG in June, but it depends on whether the budget will allow.  There's also LI Retro.