IGNORED

AT Games Legends Game console

I'm sitting here looking at my dedicated MKII control panel and looking at the panel in the video thumb and thinking, yeah that looks crammed as all hell. I also have a robotron cabinet converted to mame with a 6 button setup and it sucks. Really I'm talking about the lack of space/depth below the 8 action buttons. where do your hands rest at? hand cramp city. I mean, it seriously looks like there is more space above the buttons than below them. I also think the 2 player stick setup is no good. I would prefer a single joystick, or 2 single joysticks for 2 player action.

Still, its an awesome idea, a legends ultimate in a joystick. and i've never tried one, so it could be fine.

Edited by Draxxon

18 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

I'm sitting here looking at my dedicated MKII control panel and looking at the panel in the video thumb and thinking, yeah that looks crammed as all hell. I also have a robotron cabinet converted to mame with a 6 button setup and it sucks. Really I'm talking about the lack of space/depth below the 8 action buttons. where do your hands rest at? hand cramp city. I mean, it seriously looks like there is more space above the buttons than below them. I also think the 2 player stick setup is no good. I would prefer a single joystick, or 2 single joysticks for 2 player action.

Still, its an awesome idea, a legends ultimate in a joystick. and i've never tried one, so it could be fine.

Thats a good question, I would prefer a one player setup also. Maybe they modified their Legends Cabinet control panel to this form factor.

I have a (Crappy) X-arcade stick which has a huge area below the buttons to rest your wrists on, so I get it.

Well, until they release the specs, we'll have to wait and see if its deep enough. The width looks okay.

later

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Looks pretty good to me. $200 is a fair price for wireless streaming, all those buttons, and hopefully a capable computer inside. 
https://www.atgames.us/collections/productline/products/copy-of-legends-gamer-reservation

Unfortunately, the HDMI video out is streaming also, which doesn't sound like it work very well.

later

To clear up any confusion, it's a two part system. The first part is a small HD streaming box that plugs into any HDMI-based display. It provides the same capabilities and ecosystem as the full-size Legends Ultimate arcade machine, meaning not only does it have a ton of built-in games, but you can add your games via USB, as well as stream arcade, console, and PC games via ArcadeNet and BYOG. For the PC streaming, you can either use the paid server and have your own cloud server to run the games from or you can use your own PC for free. Again, exactly the same as the Legends Ultimate.

The second part is the wireless arcade-style control panel. It features two sets of 8-way joysticks with 8 buttons each. There are also two sets of pinball buttons. This controller has a built-in rechargeable battery. It works as a wireless controller for the included HD streaming box. You can also use it as a Bluetooth or USB controller for other devices, like PCs, Pi's, streaming boxes, and consoles (again, just like the Legends Ultimate).

So yeah, for $199.99, it's a solid deal. We'll have the non-NOD 2020 version of the Legends Gamer available for reservation later this coming week. It's the same as the NOD version, just without the bonus hat, t-shirt, and custom logo.

• Like 1

I like the idea, just not the design. it looks like a brick. Plenty of room? I would disagree just based on the looks of it. Just barely enough room? possibly, hopefully.

$200 seems high. I mean, this is basically a cheap wireless 2P joystick and a Legends ultimate in a box, right? For a minute I thought, well it has a lot of licensed games built in and they have value, then I realized that the Legends Flashback 2 has 100 built in games and it's $40 bucks. 5 times less expensive.

Also not a fan of two guys sitting RIGHT NEXT to each other to play this thing. Single player joysticks would be better. 

Just my opinions. I mean, I'm a fan of At Games, this is just free fan feedback.

Edited by Draxxon

I know this is off topic, but any chance of a new Flashback Classics compilation for 2020 on consoles, Bill?

You at one time said this was going to be a whole line and that AtGames was going to do other libraries than just Atari's (Which sadly is about as complete on PS4/XB1/NS as it's going to get).

12 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

I know this is off topic, but any chance of a new Flashback Classics compilation for 2020 on consoles, Bill?

You at one time said this was going to be a whole line and that AtGames was going to do other libraries than just Atari's (Which sadly is about as complete on PS4/XB1/NS as it's going to get).

No more at this time. Our primary focus now is on our home arcade products, Blast!'s, select PnP consoles, and select handhelds. We're also introducing another new type of hardware this year, so for a company of our size, our resources are all taken up for the foreseeable future.

Legends Gamer - Wireless arcade controller and HD streaming box bundle now available for Reservation (Standard Edition): https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2020/02/21/legends-gamer-wireless-arcade-controller-and-hd-streaming-box-bundle-now-available-for-reservation/

Let me know if anyone has any other questions about it.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 2:25 AM, Draxxon said:

I like the idea, just not the design. it looks like a brick. Plenty of room? I would disagree just based on the looks of it. Just barely enough room? possibly, hopefully.

$200 seems high. I mean, this is basically a cheap wireless 2P joystick and a Legends ultimate in a box, right? For a minute I thought, well it has a lot of licensed games built in and they have value, then I realized that the Legends Flashback 2 has 100 built in games and it's $40 bucks. 5 times less expensive.

Also not a fan of two guys sitting RIGHT NEXT to each other to play this thing. Single player joysticks would be better. 

Just my opinions. I mean, I'm a fan of At Games, this is just free fan feedback.

The idea has actually proven extremely popular. It's a two-part system, one an HD streaming box that has similar capabilities to the Legends Ultimate, right down to the Open and Connected ecosystem that includes USB games, BYOG, and ArcadeNet, and the other a wireless, rechargeable two player arcade-style control panel that can be used with other devices either over USB or Bluetooth. It of course won't appeal to everyone, but few things do. It's the first of a handful of big new product lines for this year.

Just now, Flojomojo said:

what is NOD?

NOD 2020 was the AtGames National Owners Day. It was a day-long event that featured giveaways, discounts on third party accessories (TRON joysticks, artwork, etc.), and product announcements like the Legends Gamer. We'll have more such events in the future.

• Like 1

Nice to hear. :)

I've been playing my Activision Blast system tonight (If you can call a HDMI dongle a system) and have been pleasantly surprised. Other than some screen judder in River Raid and the refueling sound effect being off, everything else I've played feels solid. No complaints with Enduro, Atlantis, and a half dozen others. I do wish it had Pitfall 2 and a couple of other games though.

Even the d-pad is solid. I've been critical of the d-pad on the Atari Flashback Portable, but this one feels good and gets the job done. Was $4.88 well spent at Walmart the other evening, even though it's not like I don't already have a dozen ways to play these games. 

I'll be sure to grab the new Namco unit if I ever see it. Pretty sure I saw it at Family Dollar in town last Christmas, so might stop by tomorrow and see if it's still around.

Edited by Atariboy

26 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

Nice to hear. :)

I've been playing my Activision Blast system tonight (If you can call a HDMI dongle a system) and have been pleasantly surprised. Other than some screen judder in River Raid and the refueling sound effect being off, everything else I've played feels solid. No complaints with Enduro, Atlantis, and a half dozen others. I do wish it had Pitfall 2 and a couple of other games though.

Even the d-pad is solid. I've been critical of the d-pad on the Atari Flashback Portable, but this one feels good and gets the job done. Was $4.88 well spent at Walmart the other evening, even though it's not like I don't already have a dozen ways to play these games. 

I'll be sure to grab the new Namco unit if I ever see it. Pretty sure I saw it at Family Dollar in town last Christmas, so might stop by tomorrow and see if it's still around.

I wrote an in depth review here: 

The sound is very substandard, and the controller A button broke after 1 week of play:

overall value
-------------
C-    It is the arcade versions, and there are games that everyone knows and likes,
      however, the graphical and audio quality are very substandard.

The controls do an ok job, but are not very good for people that want to get better.

the only advantage is this is easy to play on modern day 720p HDTV with HDMI.

later

T

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have a Legends Flashback model FB8650.  The LFB1V.2.8.4 was installed.  The SD card option from the menu on the main screen is enabled.  I created an SD Card with the GAME folder at the root.  Inside, the GAME folder there is the unzipped content of the LFBUltimateV.0.1.1 Rar file.  The SD Card loads with 3 options which are Mount, Command & Startup.  I selected each option & there is no change.  How can the Legends Flashback main screen appear the same as the image provided below?  Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

lfbu.jpg