IGNORED

French people on this forum and French software

ebiguy

Hi everybody,

--- Version française plus bas --- French version at then end ---

For many years, I wondered how many French enthusiasts there were in France and/or on this forum.

I'm talking about French people living in France or abroad.

I know some of them, but I'm sure there are still many others who keep a low profile or give no clue that they are French.

Would it be possible to identify these people to get an idea of the Francophone community and possibly for meetings?

abbotkinneydude gave me the idea in this thread (not initially related to French people or French software).

He mentioned:

Atari Frog,

Fantomas,

Rhod,

Marsupilami,

Atarimania

It would be cool to have a few words (even a simple hello) from all of us and also an idea of where everyone lives (at least the country/region).

Thank you for your participation!

---

Cela fait longtemps que je me demande combien de passionnés français 8bits sont encore actifs sur ce forum.

Je parle des français vivant soit en France soit à l'étranger.

J'en connais quelques uns mais je suis certain qu'il y en a plein d'autres qui restent discrets ou qui ne dévoilent pas leur nationalité.

Serait-il possible de recencer ces personnes pour avoir une idée de la taille de la communauté francophone pour éventuellement se rencontrer?

abbotkinneydude m'a donné l'idée dans ce fil de discussion (initialement traitant un sujet totalement différent).

Il mentionne:

Atari Frog,

Fantomas,

Rhod,

Marsupilami,

Atarimania

Ce serait génial d'avoir quelques mots de vous tous (un simple bonjour serait déjà super) et aussi une idée de votre localisation (au moins le pays et la region).

Merci pour votre participation !

Edited by ebiguy
  • Like 5

abbotkinneydude said in another thread:

Thank you for this link !!!

I was not aware of the release of the English version.

I thought I was the only one aware of this unreleased version.

Let me tell you my (too short) story with Bertrand Le Roy, the author of F.R.E.E.

I met Bertrand just before he leaved France (I can not remember the year).

He posted an add (don't remember where...maybe in a French magazine or on Internet) to sell his new version of F.R.E.E.

I contacted him and we met in his home. I bought from him the "official" English version of F.R.E.E.

He told me that I was the only one answering the add and buying this new software.

We had a fantastic afternoon talking about the French version of F.R.E.E, the shop in Paris called Micro-Video, the French magazine L'Atarien, and of course tips and tricks he used in F.R.E.E.

I wish he was still in France so we meet again but that's life.

Bertrand, if you read this, please, please, say hello (and more if you have time).

I am sure French people would be happy with more information about the story of F.R.E.E. which was a 5 star software back in the days.

I also would be very happy to have news about people who knew Micro-Video or who contributed to L'Atarien.

Edited by ebiguy
  • Like 1

--- Version française plus bas --- French version at then end ---

Does anyone have the word dictionary for the game Des Chiffres et Des Lettres?

The cartridge dump is available here but unfortunately no one has published the dictionary diskette yet.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-chiffres-et-des-lettres-des_1032.html

---

Quelqu'un possède t-il le dictionnaire des mots Larousse pour le jeu Des Chiffres et Des Lettres ?

Le dump de la cartouche est disponible ici mais malheureusement, personne n'a encore publié la disquette dictionnaire.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-chiffres-et-des-lettres-des_1032.html

• Like 1

I only have this, maybe I should really use it to refresh my little knowledge of french. :)

french.thumb.jpg.10baee06c6735b59b059a04fe308f3a1.jpg

By the way: Are there any Atari or general Retro meetings in France? Northeastern France is not too far away (at least in my sense of distances) and I would love to meet the scene there.

I also sometimes drive to Birmingham by car, joining the 8Bit Lounge in the Hare&Hounds. It´s completely different from our German meetings and always fun.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, skr said:

Are there any Atari or general Retro meetings in France?

I am not aware of any Atari meeting in France.

That's why I started this thread!!!

It would be great to meet people.

And what a wonderful idea to meet also people from France's neighboring countries.

You are very lucky to leave in Germany with many meetings in your country.

Edited by ebiguy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ebiguy said:

abbotkinneydude said in another thread:

Thank you for this link !!!

I was not aware of the release of the English version.

I thought I was the only one aware of this unreleased version.

Let me tell you my (too short) story with Bertrand Le Roy, the author of F.R.E.E.

I met Bertrand just before he leaved France (I can not remember the year).

He posted an add (don't remember where...maybe in a French magazine or on Internet) to sell his new version of F.R.E.E.

I contacted him and we met in his home. I bought from him the "official" English version of F.R.E.E.

He told me that I was the only one answering the add and buying this new software.

We had a fantastic afternoon talking about the French version of F.R.E.E, the shop in Paris called Micro-Video, the French magazine L'Atarien, and of course tips and tricks he used in F.R.E.E.

I wish he was still in France so we meet again but that's life.

Bertrand, if you read this, please, please, say hello (and more if you have time).

I am sure French people would be happy with more information about the story of F.R.E.E. which was a 5 star software back in the days.

I also would be very happy to have news about people who knew Micro-Video or who contributed to L'Atarien.

Well,

the demo version of F.R.E.E. (using english language) was reviewed back then in various german Atari magazines, including printed magazines and disk magazines. I know that the (later) publisher of the german Top Magazin (who is the organizer of the HATZ meeting nowadays) ordered several full versions of F.R.E.E. and sold all of them except one, which he kept for himself. He showed the full version to me and my friends when we had a small Atari meeting at his home. So, Bertrand must have had more than one reply to his advert for the full + commercial (english) version of F.R.E.E.

I found a solution for the french version of F.R.E.E. many years ago and released it in several magazines, as well as on the atarimania homepage. Alas, the solution was buggy/incorrect, but someone corrected it and released a full french solution at atarimania, if I remember correctly. Looks like we only need the english solution of F.R.E.E. nowadays...  (I left school in 1992 and that was the last time I actively spoke french language, so I cannot translate the french solution into english, my mother tongue is german.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Looks like we only need the english solution of F.R.E.E. nowadays...

Spoiler alert:

The English solution of F.R.E.E. is on the link I posted in the first message in this thread.

Just look at the comments on the left side of the web page.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to pin this topic? I think it would go a long way in building up the French A8 user base here on Atari Age. Also, while I don't mind the French A8 facebook group at all, I think having an alternative (some sort of French speaking section here on AA) down the road would avoid us the facebook pain. For now, this topic should suffice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skr said:

If someone can do something there, I would gladly come with lots of stuff

If I ever organize something, you will be the first notified!

From Germany, I wish I could also meet Jürgen (tf_hh) one day.

A so friendly guy, always willing to help and making very high quality hardware.

14 minutes ago, ebiguy said:

If I ever organize something, you will be the first notified!

From Germany, I wish I could also meet Jürgen (tf_hh) one day.

A so friendly guy, always willing to help and making very high quality hardware.

Jürgen lives a few kilometers away from me, and I could just pick him up, when a potential date is not colliding with his schedule. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ojanhk said:

Hello Ebiguy, I’m from Paris area and I’ve been quietly watching this forum for a while

Thank you for your first message !!!

What do you like with the A8: games, programming, modding, collecting?

Edited by ebiguy

Hello guys

7 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

I know that the (later) publisher of the german Top Magazin (who is the organizer of the HATZ meeting nowadays) ... 

The H.A.T.Z. is held in a small town not too far from the French border.  And not as far from Paris as the Fujiama or the NOMAM are from my hometown.  If you want to visit an Atari 8 bit meeting, you might want to try the H.A.T.Z.  Attendance is not as big as either NOMAM or Fujiama, but it's a vert nice meeting that I myself would not want to miss.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS the first mentioning of the H.A.T.Z. on my page can be found here.  Scroll down for more.

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 1