IGNORED

Sophia rev. C (DVI-1536x960) display problem

archon1

Hi there,

I just bought a Sophia rev. C (DVI-1536x960) board for my Atari 800 XL pal computer.

I installed it and everything works perfectly except it only display a top left no full screen picture on my 1080p screen.

What are my options here to enhance the situation ?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by archon1

From my personal experience, I found the 1536x960 resolution to be the least compatible with displays of any type. I have over ten displays in my house, a combination of televisions and monitors, all manufactured within the past seven years, and mine didn't work with a single one of them until I reprogrammed it with the 1280x1024 firmware. After that it worked with every display in my home except for one.

Of course, mine failed to display a usable signal at all to any of them, whereas you just have a partial picture. You may be able to tweak your display some to get a full screen. It seems like I recall seeing some thread with pictures of other users having similar issues. If I get time this weekend, I'll see if I can locate them. They may have some useful information for you. Definitely search the forum for other Sophia threads. The one I recall was definitely on here.

Thank you for your reply !

The thread you are talking about don't point to a solution that's why I was trying to open a new one and see if anyone got some new information.

I'm lucky, my picture is complete, just not full screen (my screen detect it in 1600x1200) ! My kids already played some games :)

If it doesn't bother you, are you willing to explain here how to reprogram the board, what hardware and software do I need ?

Thanks again

Edited by archon1

Hi archon1.

I can not help you on your Sophia rev C topic but it happens that I started a thread today to find other French people on this forum and, the same day, you are post a question.

Would you like to contribute to the following thread ?

Edited by ebiguy