IGNORED

Requesting local Q-Link dial-up

OLD CS1

In 1989 I had to survive without the convenience of a local dial-up for Q-Link (which also meant no Q-Link for me.)  I contacted customer service for information on how to remedy the situation and received this petition for Telenet and Tymnet to consider local service.

Quantum Computer Services Telenet-Tymnet Local Service Petition.pdf

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Speaking of.  Before the Great Finger of 1994, Q-Link users were invited to join AOL with a gift of 10 free hours to compensate for the inconvenience.

We've appreciated having you online as a Q-Link member and would like to invite you to stay online in
the future.

As of November 1, 1994, Q-Link will no longer be available. The dwindling number of software vendors
supporting your computer has made it impossible for us to maintain Q-Link as a high quality product.

We're sorry if this will inconvenience you. And we'd like to make it as easy as possible for you to
become a member of America Online.

Enjoy TEN FREE hours online with an IBM compatible or Mac.

The good news is, when you become a member of America Online, a whole new world awaits you.

You'll enjoy the graphic interface, over 50,000 files and programs to download, and mouse navigation
that makes exploring America Online incredibly fast and easy.

Get more with America Online and discover all the exciting new services we're adding almost daily.

To become a member of America Online, simply return the enclosed form. We'll send you FREE
software including TEN FREE hours.

We look forward to welcoming you online in Windows, DOS or Mac.

Q-Link Shutdown AOL Invitation.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, doctor_x said:

i hacked the shit out of telenet/sprintnet and datapac.. auspac too now that I think about it.

WONDERFUL times.

Just Telenet, here.  Up until one night I was poking around some school system and a talk "window" opened up with a single line which had the address of my original dial-in node.  I figure while I was shitting myself some snarky admin was having a healthy guffaw.

• Like 1