IGNORED

Technical Questions: Falcon 030 "Help me please"

Dear All,

Finally, I purchased Falcon 030 CIB in mint condition and since I am not expert at all in Atari computers, I have several questions:

• I purchased this computer from Germany, is this mean that this computer is PAL?
  • Is there a PAL and NTSC versions of Falcon? or any Falcon run with both?
  • Can I play Atari ST 1040 PAL games on this Falcon?
  • Are all Falcon computers have the same power of Bits, and quality of Graphics & sound? Or, there are different models?

Waiting for the experts to help and thanks in advance.

Regards,

What is PAL in some Falcon from Germany (well, actually from Taiwan  ?  ) is PAL encoder circuit. What means that composite video signal on it's output is PAL. Same stays for RF output. But nobody should use those signals today, but RGB signals.

There are NTSC versions - with NTSC color encoder.

To make your Falcon running at 60 Hz in non-VGA mode + to have US keyboard layout (what will be little different than what stays on key caps) need to run CMOS setup program, and set it to US region. Like QWERTY instead QWERTZ ...

You can play PAL games - and if they really work only at 50 Hz refresh rate, you need monitor what can display that.

As I know all factory Falcons have same graphic and sound capabilities.

And I think that storage is where you may encounter some problems, questions about what to use with Falcon ...

56 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

What is PAL in some Falcon from Germany (well, actually from Taiwan  ?  ) is PAL encoder circuit. What means that composite video signal on it's output is PAL. Same stays for RF output. But nobody should use those signals today, but RGB signals.

There are NTSC versions - with NTSC color encoder.

To make your Falcon running at 60 Hz in non-VGA mode + to have US keyboard layout (what will be little different than what stays on key caps) need to run CMOS setup program, and set it to US region. Like QWERTY instead QWERTZ ...

You can play PAL games - and if they really work only at 50 Hz refresh rate, you need monitor what can display that.

As I know all factory Falcons have same graphic and sound capabilities.

And I think that storage is where you may encounter some problems, questions about what to use with Falcon ...

Thanks a lot