IGNORED

HIGH SCORE CLUB ~ Season 10 Starts May 7 ~ Details

Vocelli

HELLO, Guys and Gals of the High Score Club!

Announcing Season 10:

~ Starts May 7, 2020 ~

This way we can get Season 10 done before the Holidays 2020

I will need your requests for the following:

~ Several Activision Games

~ Several games from the Arcade

~ Several games that have never been played in the HSC! 

~ 2 Paddle Games

~ 2 -3 Homebrew Games. PLEASE send me the Bin file in a private PM . If you created a game and want it played in the HSC, please PM me!

If you know someone who created a game and would not mind if we featured their game,have them PM me!

~ Your Requests of any game you would love to play.

Season 10 will last 22-26 weeks and will end sometime around Oct/Nov 2020 with the Medal Brackets to follow in Nov/Dec 2020.

MAKE SURE YOUR REQUESTS ARE GAMES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PLAYED IN 3 YEARS!

Just post below and I will be in touch with Season 9 MEDAL winners for their picks. (Gold/Silver/Bronze/Paper)

Thanks,

Vocelli

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Activision:  Frostbite, Keystone Capers, Kung fu master, mega mania

Arcade:  Gravitar, Pengo, Mr Do, Missile Command, Dig Dug, qbert,

Never Before Played: Chuck Norris Superkicks, tapeworm

paddle games: astroblast, solar storm, circus atari

games I love to play:frogger 2, name this game, ultimate yars, entombed, space cavern, Spider-Man, no escape.

• Like 2

Activision: StarMaster, Cosmic Commuter, Megamania, Pitfall 2: Lost Caverns

Arcade: Moon Patrol, Jungle Hunt, Kangaroo, Bump 'n' Jump

Never Been Played: Chuck Norris Superkicks/Kung Fu Superkicks, Tapeworm, Motocross Racer

Paddle Games: Demons to Diamonds, Circus Atari, Kaboom!, Street Racer

Homebrew Games: Can't think of any, sorry.

Games I Like To Play: Pole Position, Moonsweeper, Kung-Fu Master, Moon Patrol, Commando, Chopper Command

• Like 3

Activision:

Lol, first, I have three shelves dedicated to "Activision Stuff", 25+CIB's, mebbe four or five short on loose cart for the whole collection, and over a dozen patches now!

Me and a couple buds that play here are actually giving away a Dragster patch for the first "new" 5.57 submitted at Twin Galaxies, I may extend that offer here eventually!

I agree with Lauren on Cosmic Commuter!!!

Very fun game, I know it can be nine-lined by the pros, I'd like to see it!!!

(I disagree on Pitfall 2-I'm slowly working on that one, and IMO, it's "complete the game", or you don't really get a score-I like to think I'm "OK", but I can't beat that friggin thing for anything yet!!!)

Barnstorming. We'll put on a show there.

Skiing.

Same thing, max times on whatever tracks we play!

Sky Jinks...

There's one among us who is one step above the rest... :D

And even Starmaster would be fun.

Tennis, if someone can get good enough at it to figure out a ruleset, I've always wanted to play it, but had no "scoring motivation".

Even Kabobber, so one of my Friends that is better than me might teach me how to play that madness...

Arcade:

Well...Hell.

I hate to nominate it, as I just DON'T want to spend the time "getting good"(it's a very slow game, to score high...).

But Burgertime.

:P

That was the game that sucked me into all this stuff, lol-I "just played games" forever, and when I saw how to play(Arcade/MAME)Burgertime properly I wound up getting "pretty good", lol!.

(I have the MAME Burgertime W/R, BTW, I enjoy bragging about that... :D)

Journey Escape. I guess the 2600 version is a stretch from the arcade, but still my pick.

Paddle Games:

Night Driver.

:D

Backgammon.

(Hehehe!)

Never been played:

I'll have to look in to that.

Homebrew:

Possibly Tyre Trax, but would need the random courses, the regular ones are a bit easy for...us Old Guy "speedrunners", lol!.

Dragon's Descent, Game BB, the "completable" game. I know it was in this season, but I think it deserves another look, wouldn't be surprised if others agree.

I'll go thru my Harmony soon for other suggestions, I've actually dabbled in quite a bit of homebrew, but I move so fast I barely remember them sometimes.

"Pressure Gauge"? Is that a homebrew game, with a temp meter? That's fun.

Would Love to Play:

Fast Food and Gopher are terribly fun, I'm just not good at either, and...

Freaking Spider Man. I wanna see what Greg and Garret can do on that one, if they are forced to try!!!

:D

Edited by Rogerpoco
I caint spell too gud.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Activision:

Lol, first, I have three shelves dedicated to "Activision Stuff", 25+CIB's, mebbe four or five short on loose cart for the whole collection, and over a dozen patches now!

Me and a couple buds that play here are actually giving away a Dragster patch for the first "new" 5.57 submitted at Twin Galaxies, I may extend that offer here eventually!

I agree with Lauren on Cosmic Commuter!!!

Very fun game, I know it can be nine-lined by the pros, I'd like to see it!!!

(I disagree on Pitfall 2-I'm slowly working on that one, and IMO, it's "complete the game", or you don't really get a score-I like to think I'm "OK", but I can't beat that friggin thing for anything yet!!!)

Barnstorming. We'll put on a show there.

Skiing.

Same thing, max times on whatever tracks we play!

Sky Jinks...

There's one among us who is one step above the rest... : D

And even Starmaster would be fun.

Tennis, if someone can get good enough at it to figure out a ruleset, I've always wanted to play it, but had no "scoring motivation".

Even Kabobber, so one of my Friends that is better than me might teach me how to play that madness...

Arcade:

Well...Hell.

I hate to nominate it, as I just DON'T want to spend the time "getting good"(it's a very slow game, to score high...).

But Burgertime.

: P

That was the game that sucked me into all this stuff, lol-I "just played games" forever, and when I saw how to play(Arcade/MAME)Burgertime properly I wound up getting "pretty good", lol!.

(I have the MAME Burgertime W/R, BTW, I enjoy bragging about that... :D)

Journey Escape. I guess the 2600 version is a stretch from the arcade, but still my pick.

Paddle Games:

Night Driver.

: D

Backgammon.

(Hehehe!)

Nunca foi jogado:

Vou ter que olhar para isso.

Homebrew:

Possivelmente pneu Trax, mas precisaria de cursos aleatórios, os regulares são um pouco fáceis para ... nós "Speedrunners" do Cara Velho, rs!

Descida do Dragão, Jogo BB, o jogo "completável". Eu sei que foi nesta temporada, mas acho que merece outro olhar, não ficaria surpreso se os outros concordassem.

Em breve irei ao meu Harmony em busca de outras sugestões. Na verdade, me envolvi com um pouco de homebrew, mas me movo tão rápido que às vezes mal me lembro deles.

"Medidor de pressão"? É um jogo de homebrew, com um medidor de temperatura? Isto é engraçado.

Gostaria de jogar:

Fast Food e Gopher são terrivelmente divertidos, eu também não sou bom em ...

Freakking Spider Man. Quero ver o que Greg e Garret podem fazer nesse caso, se forem forçados a tentar !!!

: D

I gave up doing that

FB_IMG_1582178781777.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Moisés Tuseto said:

I gave up doing that

FB_IMG_1582178781777.jpg

Aw, Man-it takes a LONG time to "get good", but if you can get a 5.71, you CAN hit the 5.61, possibly the 5.57.

5.71 is a lot of work, I hate to see you give up on it!!!

You have to have a "good" controller, which can even be one broken in, "just so", but if you have a "wrong" controller, you'll never get it.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2020 at 1:09 AM, Moisés Tuseto said:

I gave up doing that

FB_IMG_1582178781777.jpg

Would have to agree with Rogerpoco on this one!!....I just started playing this last summer after never having played it before, and after some great guidance from him and Nads (he also has a great breakdown/walthrough on here that was a huge help also), this is my latest time from a few weeks ago......if I can do it, I KNOW that you can also!!

20200207_171412.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm not familiar with any of the games in the previous seasons and haven't done my research yet, I apologize in advance if any of my choices have been already played. That being said, here's my choices:

~Several Activision Games~

-Spider Fighter  (just started playing this not long ago and has quickly become on of my 'Top 5' favorites)

-Dragster    (same reasoning behind Spider Fighter)

-Frostbite    (been holding off on even trying this one so this would be the perfect opportunity to 'force' me to finally try)

-Robot Tank    (it's tough, it's very frustrating, but also it's very fun and very addictive cart)

-Plaque Attack   (same reasoning behind Robot Tank)

.....honestly ANYTHING Activision is great in my opinion!!

~Several Games From The Arcade~

-Asteroids    (one of the harder settings would be interesting to try!)

-Missile Command    (I'm absolutely horrible at this cart but it's very fun to play)

-Berzerk     (Don't have much experience on the 2600 port so would be fun to push myself on this one)

-Dig Dug     (Yet another cart that I'm not great at but it's so fun.....one of the best game soundtracks also I think!)

-Burger Time    (Despite it's horrible 'looks', it's actually a very fun and very tough cart)

~2 Paddle Games~

-Encounter at L-5    (vaguely remember this cart when I was younger and just obtained the it the other day so would be fun to try this one out)

-Circus Atari    (another one that I vaguely remember as a kid and that I just obtained again)

~2-3 Homebrew Games~

-Galagon    (just purchased this from the AtariAge store a little while ago and it's absolutely fantastic and a very fun cart!!!)

-Ms. Galactopus    (Garrett did a great review on this game and it looks very fun, very interested in trying this one out!)

-Tyre Trax    (haven't tried this one yet either but it looks great as well)

~Your Requests Of Any Games You Would Love To Play~

-Star Trek    (just started 're-discovering' this cart and I've been loving it so far!)

-Buck Rogers   (same reason as Star Trek)

-Gremlins    (People are probably going to hate me for even suggesting it, but I've always loved this cart!)

-Spider Fighter    (Throwing this one in again 'just because' I love it that much!)

-Yars' Revenge    (Again, not sure if it's been played recently or at all but always loved this cart)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Activision Games: Kabobber, Laser Blast (Game 4), Ghostbusters, Keystone Kapers, Megamania (Game 3, Difficulty A) and Pitfall II: Lost Caverns

The Arcade: Vanguard, Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom, Pac-Man (due to 40th anniversary this year), Asteroids (Game 32, Difficulty A), Ikari Warriors, Up n' Down and Xenophobe

Never played on this HSC: Stronghold, Cakewalk, Sea Hawk, Marine Wars, Malagai, Mines of Minos, Great Escape, Killer Satellites, Looping, Dishaster (Game 3) and Condor Attack

Paddle games: Guardian, The Music Machine, Picnic, Fireball and Piece o' Cake

My other suggestions: Ram It, Rescue Terra I, River Patrol, Robin Hood, Sir Lancelot, Save Mary, Secret Quest, Mega Force, Moonsweeper, No Escape!, Off The Wall, Pick Up, Snoopy and the Red Baron, James Bond 007, Demolition Herby, Earth Dies Screaming, Fatal Run, Cat Trax, China Syndrome, Coconuts, Communist Mutants from Space, Cosmic Corridor, Deadly Duck and Turmoil (Game 9)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...