IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 13 - Round 1 - Flipper Slipper

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Round 1 Season 13

Flipper Slipper ScreenshotFlipper Slipper for Colecovision Box ArtFlipper Slipper Screenshot

Game Information

Game Name: Flipper Slipper

Released by:  CV: Spectravideo 1983.

Settings: Skill 2 

CV HSC High Score: First time playing Skill 2.

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/flipper slipper manual.pdf

This game was chosen by Bmack36 

Flipper Slipper Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Score 5,000= +2, Score 8,000= +3, Score 12,000= +4, Score 15,000= +5, Score 18,000= +7, Score 25,000+10, Score 30,000 & up= +12

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

Round Ends: Tuesday February 25th at 12pm(PST) 3pm (EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well.  Season 13 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Flipper Slipper Scores

1)27,330 NCG +3 +10 +10 Record Setter :-o

2)23,790 Bmack36 +3 +7 

3)18,440 bowlstir +3 +7 

4)16,320 fakecortex +3+5 

5)14,190 Sneakyturtleegg +3 +4 

6)13,760 S.BAZ +3 +4 

7)13,350 zaphro72 +3 +4

8)   9,830 digress +3 +3 

9)  7,710 ed1475 +3 +2

10)  6,820 chuckwalla  +3 +2    

11)  6,320 jblenkle +3 +2 

12)  5,590 DuggerVideoGames +3 +2 

13)  5,200 Mangia-Boy +3 +2 

14)  2,190 roadrunner+3

Round 1 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){123} Northcoastgamer

2) {97}  Bmack36 

3) {77}  bowlstir

4) {68}  fakecortex

5) {59}  Sneakyturtleegg   

6) {57}  S.BAZ

7) {56}  zaphro72  

8)  {42}  digress

9) {33}  ed1475 

10) {30}  chuckwalla

11) {28}  jblenkle 

12) {25}  DuggerVideoGames

13) {24}  Mangia-Boy 

14) {11}  roadrunner

flipper-slipper-1983.rom

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Been trying out the HSCs and I'm looking forward to playing some ColecoVision!

Here are my "Adventures in Controlling Flipper Slipper":

First off, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to change the color of the paddle. The side buttons weren't doing anything, so I tried all sorts of stick direction and button combinations, and I pressed away at the keypad as well. To make matters worse, I kept dying, which delayed my testing, and I that damn music kept repeating...

So I swapped the controllers and alas, the side buttons worked! But! They weren't reliable, would act as if I pressed them a few times in a row, causing the paddles to quickly swap back and forth in color. No good. Not to mention, the thumbstick wasn't rotating the flipper as well as the other controller. So I can rotate and not change color or change color and not rotate...

Then I tried playing with a Master System controller. I had to make a fast swap after picking the skill level with the CV controller, but then, success! In fact, it worked very nicely, everything was perfectly responsive. But it didn't feel like I was playing CV properly, so I on with the controller experiments.

I found in my box of joysticks a CV Spectravideo joystick (with keypad). Perfect, I thought, since Flipper Slipper is make by Spectravideo. This one however would not only not change flipper colors, but would only move them left! I must never have played with that joystick, cause it was a total dud.

In a moment of desperation/mad experimentation, I plugged in my 2600 paddle controllers. Turns out the paddles do nothing, but pressing the buttons move the flippers side to side. This results in amusing two controller gameplay.

At last I remembered, something that I should have thought of in the beginning- I have a Super Action Controller! I plug it in and voila! Works perfectly. No spazzy color changing, joystick rotates the flippers nicely, and since it's by Coleco, there's a keypad, so no quick unplugging and plugging of controllers.

So, after all this craziness: 1) I gotta test out my original controllers. I don't remember them giving me problems on other games, but it has been a while. I'll probably end up opening them up and taking a look. 2) It might not be original CV control, but at least I can play with a Coleco brand controller of some sort. 3) What are the rules regarding acceptable controllers for this HSC? Would playing with a SMS (or other system's controller) be ok? Considering anyone who emulates would be using something different, I figure it would be ok. Each controller offers up it's own difficulties, and I guess that's the case with all HSCs.

If you've read this far, I hope you enjoyed my adventures. My current high score (with the Super Action Controller) is: 4,190

fs-2-17-4k.thumb.JPG.fb6c069e7a5484034ed6b16d55a07452.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome to Sneakyturtleegg and fakecortex! I don't think anyone is gonna run away by thousands with this one.  Right now I'm around 9,200. Still having PC issues I'll have to use the phone for pics. This is another game that could have been really good but lack of testing obviously and probably a rush to market ruined it.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

I was so close to releasing the dog. Has anyone opened the dog gate?

I did a long time ago...but I forget what happens.

EDIT: OK, I just played on Skill 1...when you release the dog, he comes out and eats a couple of strings of the "forest" (I never knew what those things were...I thought they were seaweed, but that's what the manual says). When he eats them you get bonus points. Then he goes back up in his area and you try to release him again.

Edited by jblenkle
  • Like 2