IGNORED

Sealed Sonic The Hedgehog Not For Resale

Deadeye008

You mean this one that sold for $1000?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-Sega-Genesis-Not-For-Resale-VERY-RARE-Complete/283785339998?hash=item4212eca45e:g:e-AAAOSwNhNeRjup

Precedent has now been set, so now others will follow. Yay, Mega Drive Tetris for $1 million USD... good luck with a complete Mega Drive set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/130545774269#ht_500wt_1202

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Although I didn't own the Genesis new back in the day, I don't believe they would have shrink wrapped the game since that version came included in the Genesis? why shrink a game that is already in the box? Also, I do recall that most of the games weren't shrink wrapped at the Kaybee or Toy R Us either as they had them on pegs behind glass display cases etc.?

Not saying they weren't shrinked but that could have been done by the retailer selling it and not factory from Sega?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

Plus why would they shrinkwrap the tab on the case that's meant for hanging it in a rack?

It's the not for resale version, which means it was the pack-in game inside a Genesis system box and not sold separately, so it actually does make some sense in this case.

I honestly don't remember ever seeing a shrinkwrapped Genesis game back then, but maybe I'm wrong. In Japan they put MD games in sealed plastic bags, but those can be resealed and it's very difficult to tell if the case itself has been opened. Same with US games.

Honestly it seems fake, mainly because I am ignorant and can't remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Also, I do recall that most of the games weren't shrink wrapped at the Kaybee or Toy R Us either as they had them on pegs behind glass display cases etc.?

Not saying they weren't shrinked but that could have been done by the retailer selling it and not factory from Sega?

Yep, Toys R Us definitely had them on the hooks in glass cases. I remember well because my grandmother randomly bought me Jurassic Park for Genesis when we went to the Toys R Us in Anchorage together in like 1997, and it was definitely in the case. No shrinkwrapping. I already had Rampage Edition, but not the original. RIP grandma, RIP Toys R Us, and RIP Jurassic Park, which got thrown in the trash along with our mostly non-functioning Genesis 2 and my entire Genesis library when we moved across the country to save space. Now Comix Zone here in Japan costs over $1000 and I'm sad.

Not sure about the pack-in games, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton