IGNORED

HSC17 Round 3: MR DO!

therealbountybob

There are many tricks in this game. I've never played it before. For example, It took me some time to realized about throwing the ball, and that I can start moving before the end of the music, and that you don't need to eat all the fruits to pass to the next level. 

The problem is that it is too similar to digdug that it is very hard to unlearn digdug and play the game with another strategy. 

For example, I keep forgetting I can push apples and kill several monsters, or I always get confused by the monster with the letter and what to do with that, and how to transforms all those ghosts to apples. 

So far, I am struggling... So I just need to keep playing and getting used to it. 

Edited by manterola
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, McKong said:

Other than beating TRBB, the best thing about the HSC is discovering new games, and discovering that games you thought were crap are actually good when you play them more.

Screenshots are optional, I tend to post one if I get a good score

WHAT :!: Ok it's about time I won a around or at least got runner up spot, pesky new players :twisted:

7 hours ago, Deteacher said:

I've generally been pretty bad at the Mr. Do games, but I'm looking forward to "digging" into this one.  ?

nice :-o

5 hours ago, Marius said:

I love this game a lot. It is fun and extremely addictive. Unfortunately I have pneumonia so I will see when I can play...

take it easy M.

4 hours ago, mimo said:

-

Going to try and fire up a real Atari tonight to see if the controls are less bad 

2 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

19,550 The input lag is real.

Movement should be pretty good, the game does speed up as it goes on so bear with it  - anyone on emulators try full screen mode (alt-enter) perhaps ;)

Welcome to AtariLeaf :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, TIX said:

Just to spice things up, may I suggest trying Mr. Dig ? the gameplay is the same !

Trying to hold off on the bonus games but we might round up some new ones later in the season, but check it out guys and give them some feedback ;)

I've added a bonus challenge "Fastest Time for Stages 1-3" and a bunch of Mr Do! Tips from HSC's past to the first post.

10 hours ago, McKong said:

One thing is for sure the movement is just as slow as Dig Dug,  it's really annoying

I started on PAL and moved to NTSC and IMHO it is much better on NTSC.

Played a lot but little progress. This is really a lot more tactical than DigDug. Need to think about pushing apples to avoid pushing daisies.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, carlsson said:

Curiously, there was a browser based game in 2009 called Mission Pneumonia, sponsored by Vicks. The site is shut down, but the contents seem to remain here:

https://jess3.com/projects/mission-pneumonia/

While it might be bad taste to name games after potentially dangerous diseases, I must admit that Pneumonia sounds a bit cool. The other year I made a crap game called Meldonium in spirit of Tanium, Uridium etc.

Haha brilliant. I hope I will get well soon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TIX said:

Just to spice things up, may I suggest trying Mr. Dig ? the gameplay is the same !

Mr.Dig(RC4).xex 39.2 kB · 3 downloads

I love Mr. Dig. Bought it as a kid on tape. Played it for years. Great game. But thanks to HSC I learned to appreciate Mr. Do! I think Mr. Do is more challenging and in the end cooler than Mr. Dig (sais a die-hard Mr. Dig fan).

Arg there is a small bug in this game. You know when one if the enemies stands still too long it changes into an eater. So it can eat its way to you....

But when this eater is on the bottom of the screen it goes wrong. This time I had the word Scene eaten.

Okay I thought let's play further (was doing a good job). But as soon as I managed to get an extra life with the EXTRA characters the game crashed completely arg.

So beware of those eaters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marius said:

I think Mr. Do is more challenging and in the end cooler than Mr. Dig

Quite expected that the original is better than a clone, at least unless the clone introduces new elements of gameplay. I saw there is Henri too for anyone wanting to try yet more game on the same concept, even if it is not a HSC entry.

5 hours ago, Marius said:

I love Mr. Dig. Bought it as a kid on tape. Played it for years. Great game. But thanks to HSC I learned to appreciate Mr. Do! I think Mr. Do is more challenging and in the end cooler than Mr. Dig (sais a die-hard Mr. Dig fan).

sorry for the confusion guys.. I was talking about my mr. Do hack,

I didn't even know about the other Mr Dig ?

image.thumb.png.5b693ad072583874576a46a69f41a542.png

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1